Sophy Ridge on Sunday
|Sophy Ridge on Sunday|
|Presented by||Sophy Ridge |
Niall Paterson (Cover)
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|Production location(s)||Studio 21, Sky Central|
|Running time||60 minutes (inc. adverts)|
|Original network||Sky News|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|Original release||8 January 2017 –|
Sophy Ridge on Sunday (also Sunday with Niall Paterson) is a Sky News Sunday morning talk show fronted by Sophy Ridge. It was launched on 8 January 2017 and is currently broadcast on Sundays at 8:30am to 9:30am. It is followed by Sophy Ridge: The Take, a half-hour programme reacting to the interviews from the main programme.
Until July 2018, the programme was broadcast from 10:00 am to 11:00 am (with a 30-minute highlights show broadcast at 9:30 pm). It was broadcast at the same time as Peston on Sunday, until both programmes were rescheduled.
From 10 September 2017 until 29 April 2018, Ridge was on maternity leave, with Niall Paterson fronting the show (rebranded as Sunday with Niall Paterson). Ridge returned on 4 May 2018.
Prime Minister Theresa May was a guest on the first programme. The show has its own graphics, and normally comes from the Sky News Glass Box Studio (Studio 21) in Sky Central. During party conference season, the show is broadcast from the UK's major party conferences. Niall Paterson is usually the relief presenter.
The show features a paper review with two reviewers, and normally includes two interview guests.
- Sweney, Mark (16 November 2016). "Sophy Ridge to host new Sunday morning show on Sky News". The Guardian. London. Retrieved 8 January 2017.
- Tobitt, Charlotte (29 August 2019). "Sophy Ridge on Sunday moves to earlier time on Sky News". Press Gazette. Retrieved 18 October 2019.
- "Sky News Launches New Show, Sophy Ridge on Sunday" (Press release). Sky UK. 16 November 2016. Archived from the original on 31 July 2017.
- Mayhew, Freddy. "Sophy Ridge on Sunday to air at 9am on return to Sky News avoiding clash with new Marr show time on BBC". PressGazette. Retrieved 26 October 2018.
- "👇👇👏👏@RidgeOnSunday #ridge". @RidgeOnSunday Twitter. Retrieved 26 October 2018.
- "Sky News unveils 2019 General Election plans". Sky Corporate. 1 November 2019. Retrieved 3 November 2019.
- Mayhew, Freddy (4 November 2019). "Sophy Ridge to present Saturday and Sunday politics shows for Sky News during 'Brexit election'". Press Gazette. Retrieved 17 November 2019.
- "Sky News to air PM's first 2017 interview". Sky News. Retrieved 8 January 2017.
- "Ready to go here at #LabourConference ! We've got banners and everything 👍 @RidgeOnSunday #lab18 #ridge". @SophyRidgeSky. Retrieved 26 October 2018.
- "Recap: Theresa May and Jeremy Corbyn quizzed on Brexit agreement". Sky News. 18 November 2018. Retrieved 8 February 2019.
|This article relating to United Kingdom television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|