|Traded as||Euronext: Small?type=Stock CAP Small|
|Industry||IT consulting & services|
|Key people||Pierre Pasquier Chairman & co-founder, Pascal Leroy CEO, François Odin and Léo Gantelet co-founders|
|Revenue||€1.349 billion (2013)|
|Employees||16,290 (Dec. 2013)|
Founded in January 1968 by Pierre Pasquier, François Odin and Léo Gantelet, Sopra Group is one of Europe's longest established IT services companies. From the outset, Sopra Group positioned itself in all of the IT services sectors and soon became a key player in the French market.
About Sopra Group
Sopra Group is a consulting, IT services and software development company. Its subsidiary Sopra Banking Software develops and distributes software for the financial services market. Sopra Group employs more than 16,000 people and generated a turnover of 1.349 billion euro in 2013. Sopra Group (SOP) is listed on the NYSE Euronext Paris stock exchange (Compartiment B) – ISIN Code: FR0000050809.
Three complementary business lines :
- Consulting (Sopra Consulting) Management and Technology
- Systems and Solutions Integration
- Software publishing in the following field :
- Retail banking (Sopra Banking Software subsidiary)
- Human Resources (HR Access and Pléiades offering)
- Real estate management (Ulis, Ikos and Altaïx offerings)
Sopra Group is focused on the following business sectors :
- Financial Services
- Services, Transportation & Utilities
- Public Sector
- Telecom & Media
Key Figures (not including Axway subsidiary)
- Turnover (m€)
- Operating Income (m€)
- 2013 : 108,9 m€
- 2012 : 109,6 m€
- 2011 : 93 m€
- 2010 : 86 m€
- 2013 : 16 290
- 2012 : 14 310
- 2011 : 12 610
- 2010 : 11 650
- Turnover Distribution by Region/ 2013
- France : 61%
- Other countries : 39%
- Turnover Distribution by Sector/ 2013
- Financial Services : 33%
- Services, Transportation & Utilities : 21%
- Public Sector : 17%
- Industry : 16%
- Telecom & Media : 9%
- Retail : 4%
Sopra Group's annual revenues are :
- 1 349.0 million euros in 2013, (Growth: +10.9 %, organic growth: +4.3 %)
- 1 216.7 million euros in 2012, (Growth: +15.8 %, organic growth: +2.4 %).
- 1 050.3 million euros in 2011, (Growth: +9.2 %, organic growth: +8 %).
- 1 170 million euros in 2010, (Growth: +6.9 %, organic growth: +6.2 %).
- 1 094 million euros in 2009, (Growth: -3.1 %, organic growth: -4.5 %).
- 1 129 million euros in 2008, (Growth: +12.8 %, organic growth: +10.5 %).
- 1 001 million euros in 2007, (Growth: +11.6 %, organic growth: +9.4 %).
- 897.7 million euros in 2006, (Growth: +18.6 %, organic growth: +8.5 %).
- 757 million euros in 2005.
Sopra Group's main acquisitions are :
- In 1996, acquisition of SG2 Ingénierie (650 people).
- In 2000, acquisition of Orga Consultants, Strategy and management consulting company (200 people)
- In 2001, acquisition of the Italian company ITI and British CS Rand, both acting in the system integration and consulting fields
- December 2003, Sopra Group acquires Inforsud Ingénierie from the Crédit Agricole Group(530 people).
- In July 2004, acquisition of Valoris, Consulting and IT Services European company(500 people)
- In July 2005, acquisition of Newell & Budge (UK) and its subsidiaries in Ireland and India, IT services (600 people)
- In November 2005, Sopra Group acquires 100% of the share capital of PROFit SA, system integration and consulting company based in Spain and Portugal (700 people)
- In July 2008, acquisition of CIBF, independent company specialised in portfolio and risks management software development for the banking sector, based in Nantes (60 people)
- October 2011, acquisition of 100% of the share capital of Delta Informatique, independent company offering financial software solutions · .
- In February 2012, Sopra Group acquires the Belgian company Callataÿ & Wouters, specialised in banking software.
- March 2012, acquisition of British subsidiaries of Business & Decision and Tieto
- In July 2012, Sopra Group creates Sopra Banking Software consequently to the acquisitions of Callataÿ & Wouters and Delta Informatique
- In April 2013, Sopra Group announces the acquisition of HR Access, software solutions for the human resources management industry (900 people)
- In February 2014, Sopra Group announces the acquisition of the german company COR&FJA Banking Solutions 
Axway Software Subsidiary
In 2001, Sopra Group creates its subsidiary Axway to access the EAI market (Enterprise Application Integration) :
- In 2001, creation of Axway Software (400 people, 50 million euros revenue);
- In 2002, Axway acquires the integration business of the American company Viewlocity Inc. first in Europe, then in Asia and in the US;
- Early 2006, acquisition of Cyclone Commerce, Inc., an enterprise software US company;
- Early 2007, acquisition in Germany of the enterprise software business of Atos Origin;
- In September 2008, acquisition of Tumbleweed Communications Corp.
Axway Software splits from Sopra Group in June 2011 consequently to its stock market launch.
- Official website of Sopra Group in the UK
- Official website of Sopra Group in France
- Official website of Sopra Group in India
- Histoire – Les deux derniers grands capitaines de l’industrie des services informatiques encore à la barre de leur entreprise, nr. 218, p1026-1028, iLogiciels & Services
- Pierre Pasquier, dernier pionnier, Olivier Hensgen, 23 maart 2009, La Tribune
- Annual financial report – Additional informations on page 6
- Boursorama Données financières Sopra Group
- Financial figures Sopra Group – Press Release Feb. 19th 2013
- Rapprochements conseil et SSII : quand l'amont et l'aval ne font qu'un
- Sopra Group fait ses emplettes en Italie et en Grande-Bretagne
- Valoris se décide pour Sopra
- Sopra settles in the UK by acquiring Newell & Budge
- Sopra se renforce dans le secteur bancaire avec le rachat de CIBF
- Sopra s'offre l'éditeur de logiciels financiers Delta Informatique
- Callataÿ & Wouters racheté par le français Sopra
- Callataÿ & Wouters signe un accord avec le groupe Sopra et formera ainsi un acteur européen majeur
- Sopra Group annonce la finalisation de deux acquisitions au Royaume-Uni
- Historique de Sopra Banking Software
- ChannelNews – Sopra Group finalises the acquisition of HR Access
- Sopra finalise l’acquisition de COR&FJA Banking Solutions GmbH
- l'EAI prend le chemin de l'independance – Information Builders, Sybase et Sopra ont tous trois regroupé leur activité d'éditeur d'EAI au sein d'une entité distincte.
- Europolitics – SOPRA ACQUIRES STAKE IN AMERICAN GROUP VIEWLOCITY
- Information-Age – Viewlocity backs out of EAI
- Bloomberg Business Week – Cyclone Commerce, Inc. was acquired by Axway Software S.A.
- 4-Traders – Sopra Group: Axway Finalizes Merger with Cyclone
- GARTNER – Axway and Atos Origin Unite to Offer B2B Integration Services
- Euronext – Axway IPO, NYSE Euronext Paris