Soren Johnson is an American video game designer and programmer. He was employed by Firaxis Games from 2000 to 2007, where he co-designed several of their most popular games. In 2013, he co-founded Mohawk Games.
Prior to his work at Firaxis, Johnson obtained a BA in History and a MS in Computer Science from Stanford University. Johnson has also been employed at Electronic Arts as part of an internship, where he worked on the Knockout Kings series.
With Firaxis, Johnson helped in design and program the popular strategy game Civilization III, also writing the entire artificial intelligence (AI). He was also the lead designer of Civilization IV, once again writing all of the AI. On April 17, 2007, it was announced that Johnson had left Firaxis to rejoin Electronic Arts to work on Spore. Johnson left EA in September 2011 to join the social network game development company Zynga.
He was a bi-monthly design columnist for Game Developer magazine and is on the Advisory Board of the Game Developer's Conference. He also runs the game design blog Designer Notes and hosts the game designer interview podcast Designer Notes.
|Video Games||Year Released||Role|
|Civilization IV||2005||Lead Designer|
|Dragon Age Legends||2011||Lead Designer|
|Offworld Trading Company||2016||Lead Designer|
- "About the team". Mohawk Games. Archived from the original on 5 November 2013. Retrieved 5 November 2013.
- "Soren Johnson Leaves Firaxis Games". Apolyton Civilization Site. 2007-04-17. Archived from the original on 2007-09-26. Retrieved 2007-04-19.
- "Soren Johnson:Why I Left EA for Zynga". gamesindustry international. 2012-05-16. Retrieved 2012-05-18.
- Eddie Makuch (2015-02-16). "Civ 4 Designer's Next Game Available Now". GameSpot. Retrieved 2015-02-16.
- Soren Johnson's profile at MobyGames
- www.designer-notes.com Soren Johnson's game design blog
- Interview with Soren Johnson at CVG
- Interview with Soren Johnson about social gaming at gamesindustry international
|This biographical article relating to a computer specialist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|