Ayrıdam, a village in Sorgun
Location of Sorgun within Turkey.
|• Mayor||Ahmet Şimşek (AKP)|
|• District||1,782.41 km2 (688.19 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,080 m (3,540 ft)|
|• District density||47/km2 (120/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Sorgun is a town and district of Yozgat Province in the Central Anatolia region of Turkey. Sorgun is the largest and the most populated district of Yozgat. It covers an area of 1,769 km² and the population is 120,262 of which 53,884 live in the town of Sorgun (2000 census).
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Turkish Statistical Institute. "Census 2000, Key statistics for urban areas of Turkey" (in Turkish). Archived from the original (XLS) on 2007-07-22. Retrieved 2008-03-22.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc. "Geographical information on Sorgun, Turkey". Retrieved 2008-03-22.
- District governor's official website (Turkish)
- District municipality's official website (Turkish)
- A web portal of Sorgun (Turkish)
|This article about a Central Anatolia Region of Turkey location is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|