Prior to 1968 Sori was in South Nyanza District. In 1968 Nyanza Province was redistricted and Sori ended up in Homa Bay District. About 1985 Homa Bay District was split into a smaller Homa Bay District and a new Migori District, which included Sori. Sori remained in Migori District when Rongo District was abortively created in 2007.
In 2001 the former Government Rest House in Sori was declared a national monument under the Antiquities and Monuments Act.
- Sori (Variant) at GEOnet Names Server, United States National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
- Suri (Approved) at GEOnet Names Server, United States National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
- "2009 Census Vol 1 Table 3 Rural and Urban Population". Kenya Open Data Project. 2011.
- "Districts of Kenya". Statoids.
- "Gazette Notice 1427 - Declaration of Mnuments". Kenya Gazette. 9 March 2001. p. 596.
|This Nyanza Province location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|