Soriano nel Cimino
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (November 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Soriano nel Cimino|
|Comune di Soriano nel Cimino|
|• Mayor||Fabio Menicacci|
|• Total||78.48 km2 (30.30 sq mi)|
|Elevation||509 m (1,670 ft)|
|Population (31 December 2014)|
|• Density||120/km2 (310/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Patron saint||Saint Nicholas|
|Saint day||6 December, 15 May|
- The Orsini Castle, built by Orso Orsini in the 13th century. It was the summer residence of Pope Nicholas III, uncle of Orso. It was a high security castle until the 1990s and is now managed by the Tuscia University.
- The Palazzo Chigi-Albani (16th century), designed by Ottaviano Schiratti. The interior houses the Papacqua Fountain.
- The small Romanesque church of San Giorgio (11th century).
- Cathedral (Duomo), of San Nicola di Bari from 1794.
- Church of Sant'Eutizio.
- Fontana Vecchia ("Old Fountain"), built in the 15th century.
- Porta Romana ("Roman Gate"), a copy of the Porta Pia in Rome.
- SUBLIMAZIONE (Urban Sculpture), a permanent installation by Giorgio Capogrossi (Montez) - Piazzale Cavalieri di Vittorio Veneto
- About Soriano nel Cimino - Information for visitors to Soriano, organized tours & cooking classes
- Culture Discovery Vacations - A cooking and culinary tour company that explores Tuscany and Umbria, based in Soriano nel Cimino
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Soriano nel Cimino.|
|This Lazio location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|