|Mayor of Cluj-Napoca|
22 December 2008 – 15 February 2012
|Preceded by||Emil Boc|
|Succeeded by||Radu Moisin (interim)|
|Born||8 February 1968|
|Political party||Democratic Liberal Party|
|Children||Tudor and Alexandra|
|Alma mater||University of Agronomical Sciences and Veterinary Medicine|
Sorin Apostu (born 8 February 1968) is a Romanian politician. A member of the Democratic Liberal Party, he was the mayor of Cluj-Napoca from December 2008 to February 2012, when he resigned while arrested in the midst of a corruption scandal.
Apostu was born in Focșani and attended the University of Agronomical Sciences and Veterinary Medicine.
On 7 July 2014 he was convicted and sentenced to 4 months for receiving bribes from businessman Călin Stoia, to 3 months and 6 months for complicity in money laundering and 8 months for forgery. His sentences were merged into a 4 years and 6 months sentence.
In 2000 he started his political career and became the member of the Democratic Party. Emil Boc discovered him. At the local elections in 2004, he was elected as local counselor of the Cluj Napoca muni following the list of the Democratic Party. He resigned shortly from the position of the local counselor and took over the position of the direction of the Technical Department within the Cluj-Napoca Mayor-Office. In 2008, he again became a candidate for the position of the local counselor this time from the lists of the Democratic and Liberal Party. He was elected the local counselor of the Cluj Napoca muni and then, in June 2008, became the deputy mayor of the town. Then, in January 2009, he was elected as an acting mayor after the resignation of the mayor Emil Boc and on February 15th, 2009 the Liberal Democratic Party designated him as a candidate for the position of mayor at the partial local elections. He won the elections in the first round with 60, 48% of votes.
- "Zarzavatul discordiei" (in Romanian). România Liberă. August 10, 2011. Retrieved November 9, 2011.
- "Sorin Apostu: "Investitorii vin în continuare la Cluj, în pofida crizei"" (in Romanian). Cotidianul. March 19, 2009. Retrieved November 9, 2011.
- "Primarie: Daca va fi cazul, angajatii vor returna sporurile" (in Romanian). CityNews. October 26, 2011. Retrieved November 9, 2011.
- "Primarul suspendat al Clujului, Sorin Apostu, şi-a dat demisia" (in Romanian). Adevărul. 2012-02-15. Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- "Fostul primar al Clujului Sorin Apostu, condamnat definitiv la 4 ani si 6 luni de inchisoare cu executare" (in Romanian). Hotnews. 2014-07-04. Retrieved 2015-03-13.
- "Află totul despre Sorin Apostu". Clujeanul. December 22, 2008.
- E. M. (February 15, 2009). "Sorin Apostu (PD-L) este noul primar al Clujului". Hotnews.ro.
| Mayor of Cluj-Napoca
Radu Moisin (interim)
|This article about a mayor in Romania is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|