|Mayor of Cluj-Napoca|
22 December 2008 – 15 February 2012
|Preceded by||Emil Boc|
|Succeeded by||Radu Moisin (interim)|
|Born||8 February 1968|
|Political party||Democratic Liberal Party|
|Children||Tudor and Alexandra|
|Alma mater||University of Agronomical Sciences and Veterinary Medicine|
Sorin Apostu (born 8 February 1968) is a Romanian politician. A member of the Democratic Liberal Party, he was the mayor of Cluj-Napoca from December 2008 to February 2012, when he resigned while arrested in the midst of a corruption scandal.
Apostu was born in Focșani and attended the University of Agronomical Sciences and Veterinary Medicine.
On 7 July 2014 he was convicted and sentenced to 4 months for receiving bribes from businessman Călin Stoia, to 3 months and 6 months for complicity in money laundering and 8 months for forgery. His sentences were merged into a 4 years and 6 months sentence.
- "Zarzavatul discordiei" (in Romanian). România Liberă. August 10, 2011. Retrieved November 9, 2011.
- "Sorin Apostu: "Investitorii vin în continuare la Cluj, în pofida crizei"" (in Romanian). Cotidianul. March 19, 2009. Retrieved November 9, 2011.
- "Primarie: Daca va fi cazul, angajatii vor returna sporurile" (in Romanian). CityNews. October 26, 2011. Retrieved November 9, 2011.
- "Primarul suspendat al Clujului, Sorin Apostu, şi-a dat demisia" (in Romanian). Adevărul. 2012-02-15. Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- "Fostul primar al Clujului Sorin Apostu, condamnat definitiv la 4 ani si 6 luni de inchisoare cu executare" (in Romanian). Hotnews. 2014-07-04. Retrieved 2015-03-13.
| Mayor of Cluj-Napoca
Radu Moisin (interim)
|This article about a mayor in Romania is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|