|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Created by||Sergio Myers|
|Opening theme||"You Get Me" by Michelle Branch|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||28|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original release||June 24, 2002– 2004|
The first season occurred at University of California, Davis. It followed 6 girls over 10 weeks as they pledged Sigma Alpha Epsilon Pi, a 4-year-old Jewish sorority that was relatively unknown on campus at the time.
Sorority Life as a whole has been reviewed by Citynet Magazine, with the reviewer noting the differences between the reality of sororities and the image that MTV was projecting in the series. Citynet commented that MTV seemed "to think that bringing out the sorority stereotypes is going to boost ratings. Maybe they’re right, maybe not. Either way, I’m not overly impressed." The magazine also noted that sororities with similar names to those in the show were also receiving hate mail from viewers. Multiple sororities have come forward about the show, decrying the show's depiction of sorority life and politics.
Fraternity Life was a spin-off of Sorority Life that was filmed at fraternities at the same college as the sororities during the second and third season.
- Morgan, Spencer (9 August 2002). "VIEWERS RUSH TO MTV'S 'SORORITY' Girls! Hair! Clothes! Fights!". New York Daily News. p. 125. Retrieved 24 Apr 2010.
- Pergament, Alan (25 February 2003). "Greek Peek ; The Guys, The Girls, The High Jinks -- MTV Reality Series Spotlights Life at UB Fraternity, Sorority". Buffalo News. p. C1.
- "MTV Goes Greek: Network Renews "Sorority Life" and "Fraternity Life"". St. Louis Post-Dispatch. 5 June 2003. p. F6.
- MTV Sorority Life: Season One Citynet Magazine
- MTV Sorority Life: Season Two Citynet Magazine
- MTV Sorority Life: Season Three Citynet Magazine
- UTC sororities speak out against MTV's image of "Sorority Life UTCEcho