|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (August 2009)|
|Stable release||3.03 / Jun 1, 2009|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
SortSite is a web crawler that scans entire websites for quality issues including: accessibility; browser compatibility; broken links; legal compliance; search optimization; usability and web standards compliance.
Tests, Standards and Checkpoints
Quality tests run on each page include:
- Accessibility - W3 WCAG 1.0, 2.0 and Section 508 standards
- Broken Links - checks for broken links, missing images and HTTP protocol violations
- Search Engine Guidelines - Yahoo, Microsoft and Google guidelines - websites violating the guidelines may be removed from the Google index
- Usability - Usability.gov peer-reviewed web usability guidelines 
- Web Standards - validation of HTML, XHTML and CSS
A list of problems commonly encountered by users is provided by the vendor in the SortSite FAQ.
SortSite is commercial licensed software which uses serial numbers to prevent unlicensed usage. Standard licensing is per-user, but pooled floating licences are also available at extra cost.
- Cross-browser compatibility, making websites work in all browsers
- Web accessibility, making websites available to people of all abilities and disabilities
- Web usability, making websites easier to use