There are several theories that explain the origin of the name SOTIK
1) After the exit of colonial settlers, the inhabitants who came were from a place called Sot in Bomet district, which in native language Sotiik will mean people from Sot.
2) Another has it that it was a sorting post for the white settlers; the word repeatedly pronounced by the unschooled natives and distortion ended up in referring the place as SOTIK.
3) Another has it that; the existence of a forest around Sotik KCC junction initially was very thick and the white settlers use to say
Members of Parliament
|1997||Anthony Kipkosge Kimeto||KANU|
|2002||Anthony Kipkosge Kimeto||KANU|
|2007||Lorna Laboso||ODM||Laboso died in an air accident in June 2008 |
|2008||Joyce Cherono Laboso||ODM||By-election |
|2013||Joyce Cherono Laboso||URP||General Election |
|2017||Kipkoech Dominic Koskei||Jubilee Party||MP For All |
|Ward||Registered Voters||Local Authority|
- Center for Multiparty Democracy: Politics and Parliamentarians in Kenya 1944–2007
- "Two Kenyan government ministers die", Sapa-AFP (IOL), June 10, 2008.
- KBC, September 26, 2010: Kones and Laboso win seats
- : [http://info.mzalendo.com/position/member-national-assembly/?place_slug=bomet-county National Assembly 2013 - Member of the National Assembly]
- 2017 AugustGeneral ELection: Newcomers Upstage Seasoned Politicians in Bomet