Sotiris Kakisis (Greek: Σωτήρης Κακίσης; born 1954, Athens) is a contemporary Greek poet. He is also a prolific translator, most notably of Ancient Greek lyric poetry (Alcaeus, Alcman, Sappho etc.). He has had a long career in journalism, excelling as an interviewer, has written song lyrics, and has scripted several films, notably director Giorgos Panousopoulos' "Love Me Not?" and "Athens Blues". His adaptations of Euripides' "Medea" and Herondas' "Mimiamboi" have been stage-produced by the State Theater of Norway and the Greek National Theater, respectively. He was also a water polo goalkeeper for the Nautical Club of Vouliagmeni.
- Caterina Carpinato, Nuovi Narratori Greci, Theoria, Roma-Napoli 1993.
- Caterina Carpinato, Sotiris Kakisis, Foro Ellenico, Roma 2004.
- Maria Mussini, Letture e Traduzioni dai Lirici Greci nella Grecia di Oggi. Il caso di Sotiris Kakisis, Venezia 2011.
- Antologia de la Poesia Griega Moderna. Seaburn, New York 2012.
- Sotiris Kakisis, Full Moon in the Forest (translation in English by Chronis Bertolis).Theorema, Brussels 2013.
- Gilda Tentorio, Binari, Ruote & Ali in Grecia, Immagini Letterarie e Veicoli di Senso. UniversItalia 2015.
- Cross-Section: An Anthology of Contemporary Greek Poetry. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform 2015.