|Also known as||SE|
|Origin||Little Rock, Arkansas, United States|
|Genres||Christian metal, death metal, alternative metal, Southern metal, Metalcore, Melodic death metal|
|Years active||1997-1998, 1999-present|
Blood & Ink
|Associated acts||Living Sacrifice
Abandon the Artifice
Descended from Wolves
|Website||Soul Embraced on Reverb Nation|
|Past members||Jack Wiese
Originally a side project of drummer David Sroczynski and William "Rocky" Gray from Shredded Corpse formed in 1997, the band dissolved after creating one song for a metal compilation in 1998. Gray reformed the band with fellow Living Sacrifice member Lance Garvin (drums) and his brother in-law Chad Moore (vocals). When Gray and Garvin weren't busy with Living Sacrifice, they would hammer away with Charlie T. West at making material for their death metal side project. The band released an EP (The Fleshless EP), and three albums (For the Incomplete, This Is My Blood, Immune) over a five-year span. For the Incomplete was re-released in 2003 by the independent label Blood and Ink Records. Evanescence's song "Tourniquet" is a cover of the Soul Embraced song "My Tourniquet". From 2003 to 2007, Gray was busy with Evanescence as their drummer as well as his numerous other bands. Gray said in an interview after the release of Immune that the band planned on releasing two to three more albums and in 2006 announced two new band members: Jack Wiese on guitar and Jeff Bowie on bass. In June 2007 Jack Wiese left the band to spend more time on his other projects, and he was replaced by Devin Castle (who is also in Mourningside with Gray, Bowie, and Wiese)
Soul Embraced released Dead Alive on April 29, 2008.
Soul Embraced stated on their Myspace that they "will continue with a new guitarist next year when we get ready to record the new record". After 10 years and 3 records Soul Embraced parted ways with Solid State Records. They parted on amicable terms. Mythos is scheduled to be released July 9, 2013 on Rottweiler Records.
In 2014, it was announced that former drummer, Lance Garvin, would be rejoining with the new line-up being, Rocky Gray (Lead Guitar), Chad Moore (Vocals), Lance Garvin (Drums), Jon Dunn (Bass), and Cody Smith (Rhythm Guitar).
- Current Members
- Chad Moore - lead vocals (1999–present) (Kill System, The Burning)
- Cody Smith - rhythm guitar (2012—present) (Abandon the Artifice)
- Jon Dunn - bass guitar (2012–present) (Demon Hunter)
- Rocky Gray - lead guitar, vocals (1997–2008, 2014-present), Drums (2008–2014) (Evanescence, Solus Deus, Kill System, Living Sacrifice, The Burning)
- Lance Garvin - drums (1999–2008, 2014-present) (Living Sacrifice, Zao, Throwdown)
- Former Members
- Jack Wiese - rhythm guitar (2006–2007) (Mourningside)
- Devin Castle - rhythm guitar, Vocals (2007–2009) (The Vail, Mourningside)
- David Sroczynski - drums (1997–1998)
- Charlie West - rhythm guitar (1997-2006)
- Jeff Bowie - bass (2006-2012) (Descended from Wolves)
- Ed Collins - lead guitar (2010–2014)
- Live Members
- Session Members
- The Fleshless (1999)
|2000||For the Incomplete||Clenched Fist Records|
|2002||This Is My Blood||Solid State|
- Morton, Kenneth (July 10, 2013). "Interview with Rocky Gray & Jon Dunn of Soul Embraced". Highwire Daze. Retrieved September 18, 2015.
- "Soul Embraced Members". Encyclopedia Metallum. Retrieved August 29, 2015.
- "Soul Embraced announcement". Soul Embraced/Facebook.
- "Lance Garvin returns to Soul Embraced". Indie Vision Music.
- The Phantom Tollbooth review