Soul Love (David Bowie song)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Song by David Bowie|
|from the album The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars|
|Released||16 June 1972|
|Recorded||12 November 1971|
|Genre||Glam rock, hard rock, art rock|
|Producer(s)||David Bowie and Ken Scott|
|The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars track listing|
"Soul Love" is a song written by David Bowie and recorded on 12 November 1971 that appeared as the second track on his album The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars (1972).
Bowie played the song in the Ziggy Stardust Tour, but it was performed only on 2 dates (14 February 1973 and 15 February 1973). He revived the song for the Isolar II Tour and performed it occasionally on the Serious Moonlight Tour.
- David Bowie: lead vocals, acoustic guitar, saxophone, backing vocals
- Mick Ronson: electric guitar
- Trevor Bolder: bass guitar
- Mick Woodmansey: drums
A spring 1978 performance (from the Isolar II Tour) can be heard on the live album Stage.
- "Happy 43rd Birthday to Ziggy Stardust". Retrieved 16 June 2015.
- Kevin Cann (2010). Any Day Now - David Bowie: The London Years: 1947-1974: p.231