Soulhat is an American rock band from Texas. The group formed in 1990 around the nucleus of Kevin McKinney, Bill Cassis, and Brian Walsh; Barry E. "Frosty" Smith, who had previously played drums with Lee Michaels and Funkadelic, joined soon after: at first playing percussion alongside, and eventually replacing original drummer Ian Bailey. Their self-released debut followed in 1993, and was reissued after they signed to Epic Records later that year. Their single "Bonecrusher" peaked at #25 on the Billboard Mainstream Rock charts. A follow-up studio album appeared in 1994, and a third in 2000.
- Kevin McKinney - guitar, vocals
- Bill Cassis - guitar, vocals
- Brian Walsh - bass
- Barry E. Smith - drums (died 2017)
- Outdebox (Spindletop, 1992 & Epic Records, 1993)
- Live at the Black Cat Lounge (Currant, 1991)
- Good to Be Gone (Epic Records, 1994)
- Too Gone to be Good EP (Epic Records, 1994)
- Soulhat EP (SHAT Records, 1998)
- Experiment on a Flat Plane (Terminus Records, 2000)
- Live at the Black Cat Lounge (Dualtone, 2009)
- Soulhat at Allmusic
- Billboard, Allmusic
- Blackstock, Peter. "Drummer Barry 'Frosty' Smith, one of Austin’s great musicians, dies at 71". mystatesman.com. American-Statesman Staff. Retrieved April 18, 2017.
|This Texas-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|