|Cover artist||Design: Kate Florance. Cover image shows: William Zappa as Danny and Jacki Weaver as Heather in the 2002 Sydney Theatre Company production of Soulmates. Photo: Tracey Schramm.|
|Media type||Print (Paperback)|
Among the people satired are a critic, which was seen as a reflection of Williamson's battles with the critics over a long period of time.
Williamson later said he was "surprised that no one picked up Soulmates" for a film. "It worked very well with audiences on stage and is a classic revenge story."
Set in Melbourne and New York, this is a tale of revenge as the best-selling expatriate author Katie Best engineers a scheme to bring her most craven critic Danny O'Loughlin undone.
- HEATHER: Jacki Weaver
- DANNY: William Zappa
- KATIE: Amanda Muggleton
- GORDON: Barry Quin
- FIONA: Deborah Kennedy
- GREG: Jonathan Biggins
- MAX: Sean Taylor
- ATTENDANT: Ben Fransham
Director, Gale Edwards
Set Designer, Brian Thomson
Lighting Designer, John Rayment
Sound Design, Paul Charlier
Assistant Director, Annabel Scholes
- Williamson, David (2003). Birthrights / Soulmates. Sydney: Currency Press. ISBN 9780868196985.
- Review of 2002 production in Sydney Morning Herald accessed 29 November 2012
- Robin Usher, "An eye on the critics:, Sydney Morning Herald, 10 July 2002 accessed 29 November 2012
- Greg Gallaghan, "10 questions - David Williamson", The Australian 18 December 2010 accessed 5 April 2014
- "Review: ‘Soulmates’". Variety, Michaela Boland, May 4, 2002