Theatrical Release Poster
|Written by||Benny P Nayarambalam|
|Music by||Gopi Sundar Rajeev Alunkal(lyrics)|
|Edited by||Mahesh Narayanan|
|Distributed by||Kalasangham Films|
Sound Thoma (Malayalam : സൗണ്ട് തോമ) is a 2013 Malayalam comedy film directed by Vyshakh. It features Dileep playing a character with a cleft lip and defective voice while Mukesh, Saikumar, and Namitha Pramod portray supporting roles. The film, produced by Anoop, features background score and soundtrack composed by Gopi Sundar and the lyrics were written by Rajeev Alunkal and Nadirsha. Cinematography handled by Shaji Kumar.
The story starts with Plapparambil family. It tells the family life of Plapparambil Paulo who has 3 children named Plapparambil Mathai,who is thrown out by his loanshark father as he converted into Islam to marry his lover. He is enough educated and was authorised to run their own jewelry,later is by Joykutty. Meanwhile,Paulo' next 2 sons are unmarried. He and his family is hated by the locals of the Kuttanadu region. Thoma falls in love with Sreelakshmi,the daughter of Bhagavathar,who also is one among the creditor of Paulo. Bhagavathar and even Sreelakshmi hates the family thus she rejects the love of Thoma. Here arrives the antagonist, an S. I named Rakesh who has an old score with the rich moneylender Paulo as his father is ashamed in front of the local after he is arrested by the police on an embezzlement years ago. He vows to destroy the Plapparambil family. Thoma decides to overwrite the dislike of the locals towards his family by forcing Paulo to conduct a mass marriage of 5 orphaned girls so that both,the dislike by locals to the family can be removed and Joykutty will get better alliances from better family,thus Paulo would be able to fetch his target of 20 million.
- Dileep as Plapparambil Thoma
- Namitha Pramod as Sreelakshmi
- Saikumar as Plapparambil Paulo
- Mukesh as Plapparambil Mathai/Musthafa
- Shiju as Plapparambil Joykutty
- Nedumudi Venu as Manikunju
- Suraj Venjaramoodu as Uruppadi
- Vijayaraghavan as Bhagavathar (Sreelakshmi's father)
- Kalabhavan Shajon as Sabu
- Reshmi Boban as Mathai/Musthafa's wife
- Ambika Mohan as SI Rakesh's aunt
- Soja Jolly as Sindhu
- Subbaraju as SI Rakesh
- Joju George
- Balachandran Chullikad as Dr. George Joseph
- Kochupreman as Kuttan Pillai
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||24 March 2013|
|Recorded||2012 - 2013|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Gopi Sundar chronology|
|1.||"Kandal Njanoru" (Thoma style)||Nadirsha||Dileep||03:47|
|2.||"Kanni Penne"||Murukan Kattakada||Shankar Mahadevan, Rimi Tomy||04:30|
|3.||"Oru Kaaryam"||Rajeev Alunkal||Udit Narayan, Shreya Ghoshal||06:02|
|4.||"Ambili Maame" (title song)||Murukan Kattakada||Resmi Sateesh, Chorus||02:35|
With an aggregate review score of 3/5 at "Reviewbol.com", the film earned mixed reviews from critics while response from the audience was generally positive. The film ultimately went on to become a box-office success and ran for over a 100 days.
- "Sound Thoma Reviewbol Boxoffice listings". reviewbol.com. 7 April 2013. Archived from the original on 30 June 2013. Retrieved 7 April 2013.
- Unni R. Nair (6 April 2013). "Sound Thoma Review". Kerala9.com. Retrieved 7 April 2013.
- "Sound Thoma Review". theaterbalcony.com.
- "'Shootout At Wadala' springs a surprise, fares well!". Bollywood Hungama. 7 May 2013.
- "'Go Goa Gone' is poor!". Bollywood Hungama. 14 May 2013.