Soundarya R. Ashwin
|Soundarya R Ashwin|
Soundarya on the sets of Kochadaiiyaan
|Born||Shaku Bai Rao Gaikwad
20 September 1984
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
|Other names||Soundarya Rajinikanth Ashwin, Soundarya Rajinikanth|
|Occupation||Graphic designer, film producer, director|
|Relatives||Aishwarya Rajinikanth (Sister)
Soundarya Rajinikanth Ashwin born 20 September 1984 as Shaku Bai Rao Gaikwad is an Indian graphic designer, producer and director who primarily works in the Tamil film industry. She is the founder and owner of Ocher Picture Productions. Soundarya began her career in films as a graphic designer. For those starring her father Rajinikanth, she designed the title sequences. She became a noted film producer through Goa (2010). She made her début as a director in the film Kochadaiyaan.
Soundarya did her childhood education in The Ashram Matriculation Higher Secondary School in Velachery, Chennai. Soundarya is also the founder and chief executive of Ocher Picture Productions. In 2007, Ocher Studios signed an agreement with Warner Bros Entertainment to partner up in producing and distributing Tamil films. Her directorial début was supposed to be Sultan: The Warrior, a 3D animated film featuring her father Rajinikanth. Despite heavy pre-production promotion, including a teaser of the film and an interactive website, the film was dropped. She instead directed Kochadaiiyaan, India's first motion capture film, with Rajinikanth in the lead role. Through Kochadaiiyaan, Soundarya earned the distinction of becoming the first woman to direct her father in a feature film. At the NDTV Indian of the Year awards 2014, she was honoured for "Technical Innovation In Film".
Soundarya is the younger daughter of Rajinikanth and his wife Latha Rajinikanth. Soundarya married Ashwin Ramkumar, an industrialist, on 3 September 2010 at Rani Meyyammai Hall in Chennai. Soundarya and Ashwin have known each other for about four years. Her elder sister is Aishwarya Rajinikanth. Soundarya's first child, a son, Ved was born on 6 May 2015.
|1999||Padayappa||Graphic Designer - Title sketch|
|2001||Baba||Graphic Designer - Title|
|2005||Anbe Aaruyire||Graphic Designer|
|Chandramukhi||Graphic Designer - Title|
|2007||Chennai 600028||Graphic Designer|
|Sivaji||Graphic Designer - Title|
|2014||Kochadaiiyaan||Director & Graphic Designer|
- "My mom is the boss: Soundarya Rajnikanth Ashwin". The Times of India. 12 September 2013. Retrieved 4 March 2014.
- "Soundarya.R.Ashwin Twitter profile". Twitter. Retrieved 2013-04-21.
- Gupta, Priya (12 September 2013). "My mom is the boss: Soundarya Rajnikanth". The Times of India. Retrieved 12 September 2013.
- "Rajinikanth wore a traditional marathi turban during his daughter's marriage". Dnaindia.com. Retrieved 2013-09-12.
- "Soundarya ties up with Warner Brothers!". Smubla. 2008-01-08. Retrieved 2011-11-23.
- "Soundarya and Aishwarya – the sisters sort it out". The Times of India. April 2, 2012. Retrieved May 13, 2012.
- "Soundarya Rajnikanth is the first daughter to direct her father - The Times of India". The Times Of India.
- "Soundarya Rajinikanth wedding : Rajinikanth daughter Soundarya marriage pictures". Allvoices.com. 2010-09-04. Retrieved 2011-11-23.