||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (August 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Type of business||Privately held company|
|Founder(s)||Christopher Clay, Lukas Fittl, Andreas Fuchs|
|Slogan(s)||Publish, collect, share.|
|Alexa rank||3,698 (March 2015[update])|
Soup.io allows the user to publish (editable in HTML) text, images, videos, links, quotes and reviews. It allows users to share files (within the limit of 10 MB) and create events. Its interface professes to follow the KISS principle. In March 2015, Soup.io had close to 3.8 million monthly users.
- Aggregation in real time data from issues of social networks, blogs and RSS.
- Auto-posting data from other social networks (including Digg, Flickr, Delicious, YouTube, Twitter, or even Tumblr)
- Infinite scrolling of content
- Re-posting of content from other blogs on the service, after the manner of Tumblr
- Videos channels
- Code custom CSS
- Integration of domain names
- Semi-private access to a blog
Soup.io received an investment during Seedcamp 2008, has been classified by the Guardian as one of the essential 100 websites of 2009, and was named "Innovative IT-Challenger" by APA – IT in September 2009.
Notes and references
- "Soup.io Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2015-03-10.
- "Update after crash ;)". 2017-02-13.
- Clay, Christoper (2017-02-01). ""I've heard that @soup_io will be coming back online in the next days; but likely with some significant data loss after hardware failure #fyi"".
- Seedcamp 2008
- The 100 essential websites – The Guardian
- Innovative http://www.ots.at/presseaussendung/OBS_20090918_OBS0011 "IT-Challenger" von – APA – IT ausgezeichnet – ANHÄNGE – APA