List of sour soups
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Sour soup)
|Cookbook: Sour soup Media: Sour soup|
- Samlar machu, a generic Khmer term for sour soup (Cambodian sour soup).
- Canh chua (literally "sour soup") is a sour soup indigenous to the Mekong River region of southern Vietnam.
- Sinigang, Philippine sour soup
- Hot and sour soup
- Tom kha kai
- Tom yum
- Lemon rasam - an Indian sour soup made with lemon juices
- Dunt dalun chin-yei - drumstick sour soup (cuisine of Burma)
- Some sorts of borscht cooked in Eastern Europe have appreciable sour taste due to adding (sour) tomatoes, sour beet (or fermented beet juice) and sour cream.
- Kapusniak, Ukrainian and Polish soup made from sour cabbage (sauerkraut), millet and potatoes in meat broth
- Sour shchi, a sour cabbage soup in Russian cuisine
- Rassolnik, traditional Russian soup made with pickled cucumbers
- Sorrel soup
- Solyanka, thick, spicy and sour soup in the Russian and Ukrainian cuisine
- Okroshka, cold Russian soup traditionally made with kvass
- Sour rye soup, known as żur in Belarus and Poland, or kyselo in Slovakia and the Czech Republic.
- Jota (Slovenian cuisine)
- Styrian sour soup (Slovenian cuisine)
- Vipava sour soup (Slovenian cuisine)
Romania and Moldova
- Borș, term from the historic region of Moldavia for sour soups or fermented wheat bran, essential ingredient to cook Ciorbă.