|Union territory||Jammu and Kashmir|
|Elevation||1,592 m (5,223 ft)|
|• Official||Urdu, Kashmiri|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Distance from Delhi||858.9 kilometres (533.7 mi)|
|Distance from Mumbai||2,206.7 kilometres (1,371.2 mi)|
Soura is a notified area of Srinagar located about 11.1 km north of Lal Chowk on Srinagar-Ladakh Highway in Jammu and Kashmir. Soura is famous for Sher-i-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences, a multi-speciality hospital. Besides serving as a hospital, it is the prestigious medical deemed university of Kashmir valley. Soura is located near Anchar Lake. The whole western side of the area is covered by Anchar Lake. It also hosts a famous Muslim shrine known as Aasaar Sharief Jinaab Saahib which holds more than 13 holy relics.
The area is considered as one of the key education centres in the city. The following is the list of colleges and schools in the area:
- Sher-i-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences. The institute provides post-graduate, doctoral and post-doctoral courses in multiple disciplines of medicine; and undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses in paramedical courses and nursing. 
- Government Boys Higher Secondary.
- Government Girls Higher Secondary.
- S M dedicated high school.
- Standard Public High School.
- Ramzan Memorial Educational Institute.
- Zulfkar Public High School.
- Mother Land public school.
- Iqbal Public School.
- Darul Iqra Public School.
- Metro Educational Institute.
- Mahad Al-Lugat-ul Arabia.
Besides these there are several primary and middle schools in Soura.
- "With a Heavy Hand, India Rides Out Kashmir's Year of Disquiet".
- "Floods in Kashmir, Army called out". The Times of India. 4 September 2006.
- "Training". www.skims.ac.in. Retrieved 14 November 2020.