Source Code Pro
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (November 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Designer(s)||Paul D. Hunt|
|License||SIL Open Font License|
Source Code Pro (2012)
Source Code Pro is a set of monospaced OpenType fonts that have been designed to work well in coding environments. This family of fonts is a complementary design to the Source Sans family. It is available in seven weights (Regular, ExtraLight, Light, Medium, Semibold, Bold, Black).
Changes from Source Sans Pro include:
- Increased height differences between upper and lowercase glyphs
- Redesigned i, j, and l
- Increased sizes of punctuation marks
- Optimized shapes of important characters like the greater- and less-than signs
- Adjusted heights of dashes and mathematical symbols improving alignment with each other
Adobe's open-source family
- Source Sans Pro, the first member of Adobe's open-source family.
- Source Code Pro, the second member of Adobe's open-source family.
- Source Serif Pro, the third member of Adobe's open-source family.
- Source Han Sans, the fourth member of Adobe's open-source family and the first to include CJK characters.
- Source Han Serif, the last member of Adobe's open source family and includes CJK characters.
Media related to Source Code Pro at Wikimedia Commons