|Founded||November 17, 2009|
Number of employees
|Parent||Hybe Corporation (since 2019)|
Source Music (Korean: 쏘스뮤직) is a South Korean entertainment company established in 2009 by So Sung-jin. In July 2019, the company was acquired by Hybe Corporation, making the company part of the collective term "Hybe Labels".[a] The company currently manages girl group Le Sserafim, and previously managed soloist Kan Mi-youn and girl groups Glam and GFriend.
2009–2014: Foundation and first generation artists
Source Music was founded on November 17, 2009, by So Sung-jin, who was a former talent manager at SM Entertainment and president and chief executive officer of H2 Entertainment. In 2010, the label's first-ever artist, female soloist Kan Mi-youn (formerly of Baby Vox) released her first digital single titled "Going Crazy". The music video featured Lee Joon and Mir from MBLAQ. The song peaked at #11 on South Korea's national chart Gaon.
In 2012, Glam was formed as a joint collaboration between Source Music and Big Hit Entertainment and was composed of Dahee, Trinity, Zinni, Miso and Jiyeon. Following Trinity's departure, they continued as a four-member group. The group was active until 2014 and was officially disbanded in January 2015, after Dahee was sentenced to one year imprisonment for a case of extortion against actor Lee Byung-hun.
2019–present: Acquisition by Hybe Corporation
In July 2019, Hybe Corporation (formerly Big Hit Entertainment) acquired Source Music, making the company a subsidiary under Hybe Labels, Hybe Corp.'s subdivision of labels, and keeping its existing management and style. On March 22, 2021, Source Music, as well as the other labels under Hybe Labels, moved to its new headquarters in the Yongsan Trade Center in the Yongsan District, the new headquarters of its parent company, Hybe Corporation. On March 31, 2021, the official website of Source Music changed its physical address to the new building in Yongsan, Seoul.
Following the completion of their six-year contract, all GFriend members left the company on May 22, 2021, therefore marking the disbandment of the group. On March 14, 2022, former Iz*One members Sakura Miyawaki and Kim Chae-won signed exclusive contracts with Source Music and confirmed their debut in a new group. Le Sserafim, consisting of Sakura, Kim Chae-won, Huh Yun-jin, Kazuha, Kim Ga-ram and Hong Eun-chae, debuted on May 2 with the extended play Fearless.
On April 13, 2022, the company was fined 3 million won by the Korea Personal Information Protection Commission and a correction order for disclosing personal information to third parties and failing to protect personal information. Source Music used Google's questionnaire to reimburse membership fees related to the dissolution of the GFriend group, and the personal information of 22 survey participants was compromised due to improper disclosure of survey results.
- 8Eight (2009–2014, co-managed by Big Hit Music)
- Glam (2012–2015, co-managed by Big Hit Music)
- Eden Beatz (2012–2015)
- MI.O (2014–2018)
- Kan Mi-youn (2009–2014)
- GFriend (2015–2021)
- Entertainment companies, music production companies or labels owned by Hybe Corporation partially or largely still operate independently.
- "㈜쏘스뮤직". www.jobkorea.co.kr/. Archived from the original on August 4, 2019. Retrieved March 15, 2019.
- "이 간미연이 그 간미연? 환골탈태 '미쳐가'". Archived from the original on 2021-06-17. Retrieved 2019-06-16.
- "'컴백' 간미연, 엠블렉 미르와 섹시 퍼포먼스". 네이트뉴스. Archived from the original on June 16, 2019. Retrieved June 16, 2019.
- "[news] Kan Mi Yeon's crazy music video hits 200,000 views in 1 day". Archived from the original on June 16, 2019. Retrieved June 16, 2019.
- "Lee Byung-hun repeats apology upon returning home". kpopherald.koreaherald.com. Archived from the original on November 17, 2015. Retrieved November 15, 2015.
- "New Rookie Group GFriend Makes Debut with ′Glass Bead′ MV". Mwave. January 15, 2015. Archived from the original on January 5, 2017. Retrieved January 15, 2015.
- "실검보고서, 여자친구, 상큼한 걸그룹 데뷔". Hankyung. January 15, 2015. Archived from the original on January 18, 2015. Retrieved January 15, 2015.
- "빅히트 측 "쏘스뮤직 인수 계약→자회사 편입, 독립성 유지"(공식)". Newsen. July 28, 2019. Archived from the original on July 29, 2019. Retrieved July 28, 2019.
- "빅히트엔터테인먼트, 쏘스뮤직 인수..멀티 레이블 구조 강화 [공식입장]". Naver. July 28, 2019. Archived from the original on July 29, 2019. Retrieved July 28, 2019.
- Jeong, Hee-yeon (March 22, 2021). 빅히트 사옥 이전, 용산으로 [공식] [Big Hit office relocated to Yongsan [Official]]. Sports Donga (in Korean). Archived from the original on March 28, 2021. Retrieved March 28, 2021.
- "Source Music: footer information section". Pledis Entertainment. Archived from the original on May 6, 2021. Retrieved March 31, 2021.
- Jeong, Hee-yeon (May 18, 2021). "여자친구 계약종료…각자 길 간다 [공식입장]". Sports Donga (in Korean). Archived from the original on May 18, 2021. Retrieved May 18, 2021.
- "K-pop act GFriend bids farewell to fans after 6 years". The Korea Herald. May 20, 2021. Archived from the original on May 21, 2021. Retrieved May 22, 2021.
- Yoon Sang-geun (March 14, 2022). "미야와키 사쿠라·김채원 하이브 합류 "쏘스뮤직 걸그룹 데뷔"[전문]" [Miyawaki Sakura and Kim Chae-won join Hive "Source Music girl group debut" [Full text]] (in Korean). Star News. Retrieved March 14, 2022 – via Naver.
- Lee Jae-eun (March 21, 2022). "쏘스뮤직 측 "김채원·사쿠라 그룹, 5월 데뷔 목표로 준비중"[공식]" [Source Music side “Kim Chae-won and Sakura group are preparing to debut in May” [Official]] (in Korean). Sports Khan. Retrieved March 21, 2022 – via Naver.
- Baek Yoon-gi (April 13, 2022). "'하이브 첫 걸그룹' 르세라핌, 5월 2일 데뷔 [공식]" ['Hive's first girl group' Le Seraphim to debut on May 2nd [Official]] (in Korean). Edaily. Retrieved April 13, 2022 – via Naver.
- "개인정보보호위원회". pipc.go.kr. Retrieved 2022-04-13.
- "쏘스뮤직과 번개장터 등 개인정보보호 법규 위반 6개 사업자 제재". 보안뉴스 (in Korean). Retrieved 2022-04-13.
- "쏘스뮤직, 번개장터 등 개인정보 보호 위반 사업자에 과태료 4500만 원 부과". CCTV뉴스 (in Korean). 2022-04-13. Retrieved 2022-04-13.
- Kang, Seo-jung (January 1, 2015). "빅히트 측 "글램 해체맞다..멤버들이 계약해지 요청"". OSEN (in Korean). Archived from the original on May 19, 2021. Retrieved May 19, 2021.
- Seon, Mikyung (May 22, 2021). "여자친구, 오늘(22일) 공식 해체..6년 활동 아름다운 마무리[종합]". OSEN (in Korean). Archived from the original on May 22, 2021. Retrieved May 22, 2021.
- Source Music at Naver