The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||November 17, 2009|
Seoul Gangnam-gu, Dosan-daero 16-gil, 13-20 Cheonggu Building, 3F,
Number of employees
|Parent||Big Hit Entertainment (since 2019)|
Source Music (Korean: 쏘스뮤직) is a South Korean entertainment company established in 2009 by So Sung-jin. The company operates as a record label, talent agency, music production company, and music publishing house. The label is home of the girl group GFriend. In July 2019, the company was acquired by Big Hit Entertainment.
Source Music was founded on November 17, 2009 by So Sung-jin. In 2010, Kan Mi-youn released her first digital single titled "Going Crazy". The music video features Lee Joon and Mir from MBLAQ. The song proved to be quite successful, and reached its peak at #11 on South Korea's national chart Gaon.
In 2012, Glam was formed. The group was a collaboration between Source Music and Big Hit Entertainment and consisted of members Dahee, Trinity, Zinni, Miso and Jiyeon. However, Trinity resigned before her debut due to personal reasons. The group was active until 2014 and was disbanded after Dahee was sentenced to one year in prison for a case of extortion against actor Lee Byung-hun. At that time, Glam's contract with Big Hit Entertainment ended. The members did not want to renew the contract, partly due to the Dahee scandal.
- Kan Mi-youn
- Eden Beatz
- 8Eight (2007–2014, co-managed by Big Hit Entertainment)
- Lee Hyun
- Glam (2012–2015, co-managed by Big Hit Entertainment)
- "㈜쏘스뮤직". www.jobkorea.co.kr/.
- "이 간미연이 그 간미연? 환골탈태 '미쳐가'".
- "'컴백' 간미연, 엠블렉 미르와 섹시 퍼포먼스". 네이트뉴스.
- "[news] Kan Mi Yeon's crazy music video hits 200,000 views in 1 day".
- "Lee Byung-hun repeats apology upon returning home". kpopherald.koreaherald.com. Retrieved 15 November 2015.
- "New Rookie Group GFriend Makes Debut with ′Glass Bead′ MV". Mwave. 15 January 2015. Retrieved 15 January 2015.
- "실검보고서, 여자친구, 상큼한 걸그룹 데뷔". Hankyung. 15 January 2015. Retrieved 15 January 2015.
- "빅히트 측 "쏘스뮤직 인수 계약→자회사 편입, 독립성 유지"(공식)". Newsen. 28 July 2019. Retrieved 28 July 2019.
- "빅히트엔터테인먼트, 쏘스뮤직 인수..멀티 레이블 구조 강화 [공식입장]". Naver. 28 July 2019. Retrieved 28 July 2019.
- Source Music at Naver
|This article about a South Korean record label is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|