Source Serif Pro
|Classification||Transitional serif Slab serif|
|License||SIL Open Font License|
|Latest release version||3.000|
|Latest release date||June 15, 2019|
The typeface is inspired by the forms of Pierre Simon Fournier and is a complementary design to the Source Sans family. Not only is it available in six weights (Regular, ExtraLight, Light, Semibold, Bold, Black) in upright styles and italics to complement them, it also is available as a variable font with continuous weights from 200 to 900.
The first version of Source Serif Pro was released in 2014. Version 2.0 was released in 2017 and introduced support for more Latin characters, Cyrillic, and Greek. In 2018, Latin italics were added in version "2.007R-ro/1.007R-it". In 2019, Greek and Cyrillic italic were added in version "3.000R".
Adobe’s open-source family
- Source Sans Pro, the first member of Adobe's open-source family.
- Source Code Pro, the second member of Adobe's open-source family.
- Source Serif Pro, the third member of Adobe's open-source family.
- Source Han Sans, the fourth member of Adobe's open-source family and the first to include CJK characters.
- Source Han Serif, the last member of Adobe's open-source family and includes CJK characters.
- "Serif typeface for setting text. Designed to complement Source Sans Pro: adobe-fonts/source-serif-pro". Adobe Fonts. 19 September 2019.
- Miñoza, Nicole (20 May 2014). "Introducing Source Serif: A new open source typeface from Adobe". Adobe Typekit Blog. Adobe Systems Incorporated. Retrieved 31 January 2015.
- Crossgrove, Carl (19 March 2015). "Source Serif". Typographica. Retrieved 11 February 2017.
- Grießhammer, Frank (10 January 2017). "Introducing Source Serif 2.0". Adobe Typekit Blog. Adobe Systems Incorporated. Retrieved 11 February 2017.
- "Variable Fonts — Source Serif Variable".
- Grießhammer, Frank (16 August 2018). "Source Serif Italics are here!". Adobe Typekit Blog. Adobe Systems Incorporated. Retrieved 16 August 2018.
- "Italics (GitHub issue)".
- "Fonts version 3.000 (OTF, TTF, WOFF, WOFF2, Variable)". GitHub. Adobe Systems Incorporated. 6 September 2019. Retrieved 6 September 2019.
Media related to Source Serif Pro at Wikimedia Commons