|Service type||Bus services|
|Fleet||350 (February 2018)|
SouthLink is an Australian bus service operator in Adelaide. It operates services as part of the Adelaide Metro network under contract to the Government of South Australia. It is a subsidiary of Keolis Downer.
In April 2000, SouthLink commenced operating the Adelaide Metro Outer South services with 82 buses under contract to the Government of South Australia, which was won by its parent Australian Transit Enterprises
In July 2011, SouthLink commenced an eight-year contract with an optional four-year extension exercisable if performance criteria is met for the Outer North and Outer South areas. It also commenced operating the Hills area services that had been operated by Transitplus.
In March 2015, its parent Australian Transit Enterprises was bought by Keolis Downer and SouthLink was reorganised as a subsidiary of the latter.
On 5 July 2020, SouthLink's Outer South and Outer North bus contracts were taken over by Torrens Transit and Busways respectively, while retaining its Hills contract. As of March 2020, SouthLink is also bidding to operate Adelaide's metropolitan train network.
As at February 2018, the fleet consisted of 350 buses.
- "Adelaide Bus Tendering Results Announced" Australian Bus Panorama 15/4 February 2000 p. 21
- "Adelaide Bus Tendering Results" Australian Bus Panorama 15/5 April 2000 p. 29
- Competitive Tendering for Bus Services Seventh International Conference on Competition & Ownership in Land Passenger Transport June 2001
- History Archived 25 April 2013 at the Wayback Machine SouthLink
- "New Metropolitan Bus Contracts for Adelaide" Minister for Urban Development & Planning 17 February 2005
- Serco bus drivers end strike ABC News 19 February 2005
- Report on the Adelaide Metro Bus Service Contracts Minister for Transport August 2011
- New Contractors for Adelaide bus services Department of Planning, Transport & Infrastructure 29 April 2011
- Provision of Bus Passenger Transport Services for the Adelaide Metro Public Transport Network Tenders SA
- "Private operators named for Adelaide's tram network". InDaily. 10 March 2020. Retrieved 10 March 2020.
- SouthLink Bus Australia