|Industry||Oil and gas|
|Tewodros Ashenafi, Chairman|
SouthWest Energy Ltd is an Ethiopian oil and gas exploration and production company located in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The company was established in 2005 by Tewodros Ashenafi. It is registered in Hong Kong.
In December 2005, SouthWest Energy signed a production sharing agreement with the Ministry of Mines and Energy of Ethiopia for blocks 9 and 13 in the Ogaden Basin. In August 2008 it signed for block 9A, bringing the total acreage to 29,000 square kilometres (11,000 sq mi). The company plans to raise $100 million via a private placement in the first quarter of 2013 to help finance a three-well drilling program in the Ogaden Basin. In addition, the company owns acreages at the Gambella and Jijiga basins.
- Sebsibe, Mikias (2010-03-02). "Ethiopia: Southwest Energy Signs With Tullow Oil PLC for Ogaden Oil Exploration". Addis Fortune. AllAfrica.com. (subscription required). Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- Davison, William (2012-05-09). "SouthWest Energy of Ethiopia Optimistic on Oil Search in Ogaden". Bloomberg. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- Lewis, Josh (2010-10-06). "Petronas sells Ethiopian assets to SouthWest". Upstream Online. NHST Media Group. (subscription required). Retrieved 2014-04-10.
- McGregor, Sarah (2012-12-05). "SouthWest Energy of Ethiopia to Raise $100 Million in Equity". Bloomberg. Retrieved 2014-04-10.
- "British oil firm to prospect oil in Ethiopia". Sudan Tribune. 2010-01-07. Retrieved 2014-04-10.
- "Ethiopia: Southwest Energy Releases a Report On Its Oil Prospects" (Press release). Government of Ethiopia. 2013-04-09. Retrieved 2014-04-10.
- Addison, Velda (2013-04-16). "SouthWest Energy Aims For Oil In Ethiopia". E&P magazine. Hart Energy. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
|This African corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Ethiopia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a natural gas or petroleum-related company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|