South Amana, Iowa
|South Amana, Iowa|
|• Total||1.4 sq mi (3.6 km2)|
|• Land||1.4 sq mi (3.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||778 ft (237 m)|
|• Density||115/sq mi (44.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||461756|
South Amana is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) in northern Iowa County, Iowa, United States, and is part of the "seven villages" of the Amana Colonies. As of the 2010 census, it had a population of 159.
It lies along U.S. Route 6 east of the city of Marengo, the county seat of Iowa County. Its elevation is 778 feet (237 m). South Amana has a post office with the ZIP code of 52334, which opened on 19 June 1874.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (G001): South Amana CDP, Iowa". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved April 3, 2018.
- Rand McNally. The Road Atlas '08. Chicago: Rand McNally, 2008, p. 39.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: South Amana, Iowa
- Zip Code Lookup
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: South Amana Post Office
- The History of Iowa County, Iowa: Containing a History of the County, Its Cities, Towns, &c. Union Historical Company. 1881. p. 766.
|This article about the geography of Iowa County, Iowa is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|