|Location||600 Us Highway 27 South |
South Bay, Florida
|Managed by||GEO Group|
The South Bay Correctional Facility is a private state prison for men located in South Bay, Palm Beach County, Florida, which is operated by GEO Group under contract with the Florida Department of Corrections. This facility was opened in 1997 and has a maximum capacity of 1948 prisoners.
In September 2012, a jury awarded a South Bay inmate a $1.2 million settlement for the loss of an eye during a fight with another inmate.
- Joel Faviere - American musician and former lead singer of Get Scared - sentenced to 12 years for child pornography charges and registered as a sex offender. Faviere's release will be September 16, 2029.
- Curtis Jones - Youngest person tried as an adult for murder at the time of his conviction. Released in 2015.
- "South Bay Correctional Institution". Florida Department of Corrections. Retrieved 13 August 2016.
- "South Bay Correctional Facility". GEO Group. Retrieved 13 August 2016.
- Musgrave, Jane (13 September 2012). "Jury awards inmate injured in South Bay prison $1.2 million". Palm Beach Post.com. Retrieved 13 August 2016.
- "Inmate Population Information Detail".