South Bloomfield Township, Morrow County, Ohio
|South Bloomfield Township, Morrow County, Ohio|
Location of South Bloomfield Township in Morrow County
|• Total||25.9 sq mi (67.2 km2)|
|• Land||25.9 sq mi (67.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||1,365 ft (416 m)|
|• Density||62.1/sq mi (24.0/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086709|
South Bloomfield Township is one of the sixteen townships of Morrow County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 1,609 people in the township, 1,418 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the southeastern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Chester Township - north
- Wayne Township, Knox County - northeast corner
- Liberty Township, Knox County - east
- Milford Township, Knox County - southeast corner
- Hilliar Township, Knox County - south
- Porter Township, Delaware County - southwest corner
- Bennington Township - west
- Harmony Township - northwest corner
The village of Sparta is located in northern South Bloomfield Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Morrow County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- History of Morrow County and Ohio: Containing a Brief History of the State of Ohio. O.L. Baskin & Company. 1880. p. 217.
- Baughman, Abraham J.; Bartlett, Robert Franklin (1911). History of Morrow County, Ohio: A Narrative Account of Its Historical Progress, Its People, and Its Principal Interests. Lewis Publishing Company. p. 367.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.