South Branch Pawtuxet River
The river is formed by the confluence of the Big and Flat rivers in the area now flooded by the Flat River Reservoir in Coventry. From there, it flows east and then northeast through Coventry and the historic textile mill villages of Anthony, Quidnick, Crompton, Centreville, Arctic and River Point West Warwick where it converges with the North Branch Pawtuxet River to form the main branch of the Pawtuxet River.
Below is a list of all crossings over the South Branch Pawtuxet River. The list starts at the headwaters and goes downstream:
|Coventry||South Main St.|
|West Warwick||Pulaski St.|
The Mishnock River and Hawkinson Brook are the South Branch Pawtuxet River's only named tributaries, though it has many unnamed streams that also feed it.
- List of rivers in Rhode Island
- Flat River
- Big River
- Mishnock River
- North Branch Pawtuxet River
- Pawtuxet River
- Maps from the United States Geological Survey
- U.S. Geological Survey. National Hydrography Dataset high-resolution flowline data. The National Map, accessed April 1, 2011
- Governor's Task Force on Dam Safety and Maintenance – Final Report, January 2001