South Calgary, Calgary
|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Evan Woolley|
|• Total||1.1 km2 (0.4 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,115 m (3,658 ft)|
|• Average Income||$38,012|
|Website||South Calgary Community Association|
South Calgary is a residential neighbourhood in the south-west quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It is located between 14th St west and Crowchild Trail. The community has an area redevelopment plan in place.
South Calgary was established in 1914 on land annexed by the City of Calgary in 1907. However, the area remained largely undeveloped until the early 1950s.
South Calgary is represented in the Calgary City Council by the Ward 8 councillor, on a provincial level by Calgary Currie MLA Christine Cusanelli, and at the federal level the riding of Calgary Centre is currently vacant since Lee Richardson resigned.
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. October 21, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2006). "South Calgary - Community Social Statistics" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-04.
- City of Calgary Planning (2005). "South Calgary Altadore Area Redevelopment Plan" (PDF). Retrieved 2013-07-27.
- Federation of Calgary Communities. "South Calgary". Retrieved 2007-05-04.
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
||Killarney||Bankview||Lower Mount Royal|
|Richmond Crowchild Trail||Mount Royal|
|CFB Currie||Altadore (Marda Loop)||Elbow River|