South Carolina Highway 421
|Maintained by SCDOT|
|Length:||10.36 mi (16.67 km)|
|Existed:||1952 – present|
|South end:||US 1 / US 78 / US 278 / SC 125 in Clearwater|
|North end:||US 1 / US 78 in Aiken|
SC 421 begins where it splits off from the US 1/US 78 (Jefferson Davis Highway) west of North Augusta; it immediately connecting with US 278/SC 125 (Atomic Road). Heading northeast, it parallels US 1/US 78 to its south, going through the towns of Clearwater, Burnettown, Langley, Gloverville and Warrenville. Upon entering Aiken, it reconnects with US 1/US 78. Majority of the highway is four-lanes that travels a total of 10.5 miles (16.9 km).
The entire route is in Aiken County.
|Clearwater||0.00||0.00||US 1 north / US 78 east (Jefferson Davis Highway) – Aiken||Northbound lane only|
|0.44||0.71||US 278 / SC 125 (Atomic Road) – North Augusta, Augusta, Beech Island, Savannah River Site||Southbound lane exit onto interchange|
|1.91||3.07||SC 126 west (Belvedere-Clearwater Road) – Belvedere|
|Warrenville||8.15||13.12||SC 191 north (Old Graniteville Highway) – Graniteville, Vaucluse|
|Aiken||10.03||16.14||SC 118 (Hitchcock Parkway)|
|10.36||16.67||US 1 / US 78 (Jefferson Davis Highway) – Aiken|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- South Carolina Department of Transportation: Statewide Highways 2012. Specifics: . Files: .
- South Carolina Highway 421 (Map). Cartography by Google. Google Maps. 2010.
- General Highway Map, Aiken County, South Carolina (PDF) (Map). Cartography by SCDOT. South Carolina Department of Transportation. 1940. Retrieved September 8, 2013.
- General Highway Map, Aiken County, South Carolina (PDF) (Map). Cartography by SCDOT. South Carolina Department of Transportation. 1956. Retrieved September 8, 2013.
Route map: Google
- Media related to South Carolina Highway 421 at Wikimedia Commons
- Mapmikey's South Carolina Highways Page: SC 410-429