South Carolina Wing Civil Air Patrol
The South Carolina Wing of the Civil Air Patrol, the United States Air Force Auxiliary
|United States Air Force|
|Commander||Col Lee Safley|
|Vice Commander|| Lt Col Chris Peterson |
Lt Col Nikki Shaffner
|Chief of Staff||Maj Ben Cole|
|Statistics as of March 2019|
The South Carolina Wing of the Civil Air Patrol (CAP) is the highest echelon of Civil Air Patrol in the state of South Carolina. South Carolina Wing headquarters are located in West Columbia, South Carolina. The South Carolina Wing consists of over 750 cadet and adult members at over 17 locations across the state of South Carolina.
The Civil Air Patrol performs a variety of emergency services and operational missions. These missions include: search and rescue missions directed by the Air Force Rescue Coordination Center at Tyndall Air Force Base; disaster relief, including air and ground transportation and an extensive communications network; and humanitarian services, including transporting time-sensitive medical materials including blood and human tissue, generally on behalf of the Red Cross when conventional methods of transport are unavailable. The Civil Air Patrol also provides Air Force support through the conducting of light transport, communications support, and low-altitude route surveys. In addition, CAP offers support to counter-drug operations.
The Civil Air Patrol offers a cadet program for youth aged 12 to 21, which covers topics such as aerospace education, leadership training, physical fitness and moral leadership.
The Civil Air Patrol offers aerospace education for Civil Air Patrol members and the public, including providing training to the members of Civil Air Patrol, primarily through the cadet program, and through offering workshops for youth at schools and public aviation events.
|SC002||Marion Senior Squadron||Marion|
|SC005||Aiken Composite Squadron||Aiken, South Carolina|
|SC014||Greenville Composite Squadron||Greenville|
|SC020||Florence Composite Squadron||Florence|
|SC032||Lexington Composite Squadron||West Columbia|
|SC056||Coastal Charleston Composite Squadron||Charleston Air Force Base|
|SC074||Anderson Composite Squadron||Anderson|
|SC075||Sumter Composite Squadron||Sumter|
|SC090||Spartanburg Composite Squadron||Spartanburg|
|SC092||York County Composite Squadron||Fort Mill|
|SC096||Low Country Composite Squadron||Hilton Head|
|SC099||Columbia Composite Squadron||Columbia|
|SC106||Emerald City Cadet Squadron||Greenwood|
|SC113||Ace Basin Composite Squadron||Cottageville|
|SC114||Grand Strand Composite Squadron||Myrtle Beach|
|SC115||Beaufort Composite Squadron||Beaufort|
|SC805||Camden Military Academy Cadet Squadron||Camden|
|SC999||South Carolina Legislative Liaison Squadron||West Columbia|
- Awards and decorations of the Civil Air Patrol
- South Carolina Air National Guard
- South Carolina State Guard
- "eServices, National Headquarters". Civil Air Patrol., login required
- "South Carolina Wing Civil Air Patrol". South Carolina Wing Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- "2014 Statistics" (PDF). Capmembers.com. Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- "Civil Air Patrol". Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- "Emergency Services Missions". South Carolina Wing Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- "Cadet Programs". Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Archived from the original on 3 December 2015. Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- "Aerospace Education". Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Archived from the original on 14 November 2015. Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- "Squadrons". South Carolina Wing Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- "Civil Air Patrol Unit Directory" (PDF). Gocivilairpatrol.com. Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 August 2015. Retrieved 19 November 2015.