South Central Railway zone
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
South Central Railway-6
SCR's headquarters Secunderabad Railway Station
|Locale||Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra and Karnataka|
|Dates of operation||October 2, 1966–|
|Length||6,057 kilometres (3,764 mi) Route|
|Website||SCR official website|
The South Central Railway is one of the sixteen zones of the Indian Railways. The jurisdiction of the zone is spread over the states of Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Telangana and some portions of Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh and Tamil Nadu. It has six divisions under its administration, which include, Guntakal, Guntur, Nanded, Secunderabad, Hyderabad and Vijayawada.
- 1 History
- 2 Jurisdiction
- 3 Infrastructure
- 4 Projects
- 5 Performance
- 6 Achievements
- 7 See also
- 8 References
- 9 External links
The zone was formed on 2 October 1966 by merging the carved out divisions of Hubli, Vijayawada of Southern Railway zone and Sholapur, Secunderabad of Central Railway zone. On 2 October 1977, Guntakal division of Southern Railway zone was merged and the already merged division of Sholapur was demerged from the zone and became part of its former Central Railway zone. On 17 February 1978, Hyderabad division was formed by splitting the existing Secunderabad railway division. On 1 April 2003, two new divisions of Guntur and Nanded were created in this zone and the Hubli division was demerged and became part of South Western Railway zone.
The zone is organized into six divisions: Hyderabad, Secunderabad, Guntakal, Guntur, Vijayawada, Nanded and spread over the states of Telangana, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh.
The list of divisions are shown below:
- Hyderabad – Gadwal Jn. – Dhone Jn(Excl)
- Hyderabad – Nizamabad Jn. – Jankampet Jn. – Mudkhed Jn. (Excl.)
- Jankampet Jn. – Bodhan.
- Manoharabad - Kottapalli Karimnagar
- Secunderabad Jn. – Kazipet Jn. – Balharshah Jn.
- Kazipet Jn. – Dornakal Junction – Kondapalli.
- Motamarri to Mellacheruvu.
- Dornakal Jn. to Manuguru.
- Kesarapalli to Singareni.
- Secunderabad Jn. – Vikarabad Jn. – Parli Vaijnath.
- Vikarabad Jn. – Wadi Jn.
- Ramagundam – Manuguru (Survey completed)
- Vijayawada – Nidadavolu Jn. – Samarlakota Jn. – Duvvada.
- Vijayawada – Tenali – Gudur.
- Venkatachalam to Krishnapatnam
- Vijayawada to Kondapalli.
- Guntakal Junction – Gooty Jn. – Renigunta Junction – Gudur Jn(Excl).
- Gooty Jn. – Pendekallu Jn.
- Gooty Jn. – Kalluru Jn.
- Yerraguntla Jn – Nandyal Jn(Excl).
- Guntakal Junction – Dharmavaram Jn. – Pakala Jn. – Katpadi Jn(Excl).
- Guntakal Junction – Adoni – Raichur – Wadi Jn(Excl).
- Guntakal Junction – DhoneJ Jn – Nandyal Jn(Excl).
- Tirupati – Katpadi Jn(Excl).
- Dharmavaram Jn.- Pakala Jn.
- Guntur Junction to Krishna Canal
- Guntur Junction to Nallapadu Jn.
- Nallapadu Jn. to Nandyal.
- Nallapadu Jn. to Pagidipalli.
- Manmad Jn. – Parbhani Jn. – Purna Jn. – Pimpalkutti.
- Purna Jn. – Akola Jn.
- Akola Jn.- Khandwa Jn.
- Parbhani Jn. – Parli Vaijnath
The zone has mechanical workshops at Lallaguda, Tirupati and Rayanapadu.
The zone has diesel loco sheds at Gooty, Guntakal, Kazipet, Vijayawada and Moula-Ali. The zone has electric loco sheds at Vijayawada, Lallaguda and Kazipet. The zone has one MEMU Car shed at Rajahmundry and an EMU Car shed at Moula-Ali EMU.
The zone has Passenger coach care depots at Hyderabad, Secunderabad, Kacheguda, Kazipet, Kakinada, Narsapur, Machilipatnam, Vijayawada, Guntur, Tirupati, Guntakal, Nanded and Purna. Additionally, Ramagundam, Bellampally, Vijayawada and Gooty have wagon maintenance depots.
The zone has training institutes for imparting and learning railway techniques serving both Indian as well foreign railway staffs at Secunderabad, Kazipet, Vijayawada, Guntakal, Gooty and Washim.
Lallaguda, Vijayawada, Guntakal, Rayanapadu and Nanded have healthcare facilities serving exclusively for the employees of Indian railways and their families.
- Electric loco shed, Guntakal
- Midlife Coach factory, Kurnool
- Periodc Wagon overhauling workshop, Kazipet
- Bogi Components Manufacturing unit, Thottambedu
South Central Railway achieved earnings of 12,100 crore during the financial year 2016-17.
South Central Railway topped among all railway zones of India in terms of train Punctuality and passenger earnings in 2016-17 .
- "Zones & Division". Indian Railways. Ministry of Railways (Railway Board). Retrieved 4 November 2016.
- "History". South Central Railway. South Central Railway CMS Team. Retrieved 4 November 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to South Central Railway Zone, India.|