South Central Railway zone
South Central Railway-6
SCR's headquarters Secunderabad Railway Station
|Locale||Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra and Karnataka|
|Dates of operation||2 October 1966–Present|
|Headquarters||Secunderabad Railway Station|
|Website||SCR official website|
The South Central Railway is one of the 16 railway zones in India. South Central Railway was formed on 2 October 1966 when Hubli and Vijayawada Divisions of Southern Railway and Sholapur and Secunderabad Divisions of Central Railway were carved out and merged into a new Zone. Subsequently, Guntakal Division of Southern Railway was merged with South Central Railway on 2 October 1977 and Sholapur Division was remerged with Central Railway. Secunderabad Division was split into two Divisions viz. Secunderabad and Hyderabad on 17 February 1978. Following reorganisation of zones and Divisions with effect from 1 April 2003, two new Divisions viz., Guntur and Nanded were operationalised duly transferring Hubli Division to newly formed South Western Railway.
Presently S.C. Railway has 6 Divisions, viz, Hyderabad, Secunderabad, Vijayawada, Guntakal, Guntur and Nanded. South Central Railway predominantly serves the state of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Maharashtra and to a limited extent, portions of Karnataka, Tamil Nadu & Madhya Pradesh states.
It was created on 2 October 1966 as the ninth zone of Indian Railways. The six divisions of this railway have a total 5,752 route kilometers of track. Current General Manager of S.C. Railway is Ravindra Gupta.
In 2008 South Central Railways was the first to implement a wireless MU Coupler system supplied by Ms Lotus Wireless Technologies, permitting longer freight trains delivering higher capacity. The system was first implemented in diesel locomotives in 2008 followed by installation on electric locomotives in 2011 at Electric Loco Shed, Kazipet. Trains equipped with this system are in use at Badrachalam region in the South Central Railways.
Vijayawada is the second largest railway junction in India.
Divisions in South Central Railway
It is organized into six divisions: Hyderabad, Secunderabad, Guntakal, Guntur, Vijayawada and Nanded. It covers over a vast geographical area including Telangana, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh. The list of divisions shown below according to their revenue status.
- Hyderabad - Gadwal Jn. - DhoneJ Jn
- Hyderabad - Nizamabad Jn. - Jankampet Jn. - Mudkhed Jn. (Excl.)
- Nizamabad Jn. - Peddapalli Jn. (Excl.)
- Jankampet Jn. - Bodhan.
- Secunderabad Jn. - Kazipet Jn. Ramagundam , Balharshah Jn.
- Kazipet Jn. - Dornakal Junction - Kondapalli.
- Motamarri to Mellacheruvu.
- Dornakal Jn. to Manuguru.
- Kesarapalli to Singareni.
- Secunderabad Jn. - Vikarabad Jn. - Parli Vaijnath.
- Vikarabad Jn. - Wadi Jn.
- Ramagundam - Manuguru (Survey completed)
- Vijayawada - Nidadavolu Jn. - Samarlakota Jn. - Duvvada.
- Vijayawada - Tenali - Gudur.
- Venkatachalam to Krishnapatnam
- Vijayawada to Kondapalli.
- Guntakal Junction - Gooty Jn. - Renigunta Junction - Gudur Jn.
- Gooty Jn. - Pendekallu Jn.
- Gooty Jn. - Kalluru Jn.
- Yerraguntla Jn - Nandyal Jn.
- Guntakal Junction - Dharmavaram Jn. - Pakala Jn. - Katpadi Jn.
- Guntakal Junction - Adoni - Raichur - Wadi Jn.
- Guntakal Junction - DhoneJ Jn - Nandyal.
- Tirupati - Katpadi Jn.
- Dharmavaram Jn.- Pakala Jn.
- Guntur Junction to Krishna Canal
- Guntur Junction to Nallapadu Jn.
- Nallapadu Jn. to Nandyal.
- Nallapadu Jn. to Pagidipalli.
- Manmad Jn. - Parbhani Jn. - Purna Jn. - Pimpalkutti.
- Purna Jn. - Akola Jn.
- Akola Jn.- Khandwa Jn.
- Parbhani Jn. - Parli Vaijnath.
- Workshops - 5 Lallaguda(3), Rayanapadu, Tirupati
- Diesel Loco Sheds - 5 Guntakal, Gooty, Vijayawada, Kazipet, Moula-Ali
- Electric Loco Sheds - 3 Lallaguda, Kazipet, Vijayawada, Guntakal [ Under Construction ]
- Training Institutes - 30 Secunderabad, Kazipet, Vijayawada, Guntakal, Gooty, Washim, etc.
- Hospitals -5 Lallaguda (300 beds), Vijayawada (203 beds), Guntakal (131 Beds), Rayanpadu (25 beds), Nanded (30 Beds) Total: 689 beds
- Health Units - 45 Secunderabad Division (10), Vijayawada Division (11), Hyderabad Division (5), Guntakal Division (10), Guntur Division (4), Nanded Division (5)
- Schools/ Colleges - 14/5 Schools (14), Junior Colleges (4), Degree College (1)
- Akola - Hyderabad Kacheguda Intercity Express
- Andhra Pradesh Sampark Kranti Express
- Bhagyanagar Express
- Charminar Express
- Circar Express
- Devagiri Express
- East Coast Express
- Falaknuma Express
- Godavari Express
- Golconda Express
- Goutami Express
- Hussainsagar Express
- Hyderabad Mumbai Express
- Janmabhoomi Express
- Krishna Express
- Padmavati Express
- Palnadu Express
- Pinakini Express
- Nanded – Hyderabad Passenger
- Narasapur Express
- Narayanadri Express
- Rajkot Secunderabad Express
- Ratnachal Express
- Rayalaseema Express
- Sabari Express
- Satavahana Express
- Secunderabad Rajdhani Express
- Seshadri Express
- Simhadri Express
- Simhapuri Express
- Telangana Express
- Tirumala Express
- Tungabhadra Express
- Venkatadri Express
- "About Us". South Central Railway. Retrieved 20 Sep 2012.