South Chadderton tram stop
South Chadderton stop prior to opening
Location of South Chadderton in Greater Manchester
|Local authority||Metropolitan Borough of Oldham|
|Fare zone information|
|Present status||In operation|
|Opened||13 June 2012|
|UK Trams portal|
South Chadderton is a tram stop on the Oldham and Rochdale Line (ORL) of Greater Manchester's light-rail Metrolink system. It opened to passengers on 13 June 2012 and is located between Drury Lane and Stanley Road in the Coalshaw Green area of southern Chadderton, a part of the Metropolitan Borough of Oldham, England. It was purpose-built for Metrolink as part of Phase 3a of the system's expansion, on the route of the former Oldham Loop Line.
- 12 minute service to Shaw and Crompton with double trams in the peak
- 12 minute service to Rochdale Town Centre with double trams in the peak
- 6 minute service to East Didsbury with double trams in the peak
|Preceding station||Manchester Metrolink||Following station|
towards East Didsbury
|East Didsbury – Rochdale Town Centre Line||
towards Rochdale Town Centre
Connecting bus routes
South Chadderton station is served by First Greater Manchester services 81 and 81A, which stop nearby on Coalshaw Green Road. The services run northbound to Oldham before continuing to Derker (81) or Holts Estate via Waterhead (81A), while southbound, the 81 and 81A run to Manchester via Moston.
- "Metrolink line to Oldham set to open". Transport for Greater Manchester. Retrieved 8 June 2012.[permanent dead link]
- "South Chadderton Local Area Map". Metrolink. Retrieved 28 January 2018.
- "Transport for Greater Manchester - Journey Planning - Network Maps". Transport for Greater Manchester. Archived from the original on 2 November 2012. Retrieved 10 September 2012.
- Metrolink stop information
- South Chadderton area map
|This article on a railway station in Greater Manchester is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This UK Tram-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|