South Dade Senior High School
|South Dade Senior High School|
28401 SW 167th Avenue
|Type||Public magnet (As of 2008-09)|
|Motto||There is no peer to a Buccaneer!(Formerly "The Rebels")|
|School district||Miami-Dade County Public Schools|
|Principal||Jay De Armas|
|Faculty||128.00 (FTE) (2018–19)|
|Student to teacher ratio||23.16 (2018–19)|
|Color(s)||Royal Blue, White and Black|
|Average class size||28|
South Dade Senior High School is a secondary school in unincorporated Miami-Dade County, Florida, just north of Homestead. It is located on 60 acres (240,000 m2) at the southernmost end of Miami-Dade County.
South Dade was established in 1953, consolidating the original Homestead High School with the agricultural program and grades 9-12 of the Redland Farm Life School. Following the devastation of Hurricane Andrew in August 1992, the school building was repaired and a new science wing opened in 1995. In 2008, a state of the art facility with over 420,000 square feet opened.
- The Scene - school newspaper
- Southernaire - school yearbook
- BUCTV - school TV production
Academy of Professional Services
- Agritechnology & Business Systems
- Landscape Design Architecture
- Sports & Recreational Turf Management
- Automotive Service Technology
- Materials & Processing Technology
Academy of International Finance, Business & Technology
- Information Technology
- Web Design Services
- Accounting Operations
- Business Supervise & Management
- Electronic Business Enterprise
Academy of Sports, Nutrition & Health Science
- Sports Administration
- Sports Medicine
- Nursing Assisting
- Culinary Arts
- Medical Assisting
Academy of Visual & Performing Arts
- Symphonic Band
- Wind Ensemble
- Theatre Arts
- Visual Arts
Academy of Law Studies & Public Safety
- Criminal Justice & Legal Services
- Law Enforcement & Custom Operations
Academy of International Baccalaureate (IB)
Its athletic rival is Homestead High School.
- Basketball (boys and girls)
- Cross Country
- Soccer (boys and girls)
- Swimming (boys and girls)
- Track (boys and girls)
- State champions (1995, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
- State champions (2003) - girls
- State champions (2013)
- State champions (2014)
This article's list of alumni may not follow Wikipedia's verifiability policy. (October 2020)
- Marcus Hudson, football player for the San Francisco 49ers
- Alek Manoah, baseball player for the Toronto Blue Jays, 2019 MLB Draft #11 overall selection
- Jose 'Tony' Parrilla, three-time NCAA 800m champion University of Tennessee (1992-1994), 1992 and 1996 Olympian
- Victoria Principal, actress notable for her role as Pamela Barnes Ewing on the TV show Dallas
- Kerry Reed, football player for the BC Lions
- Antrel Rolle, football player for the New York Giants
- James Wiggins, football player for the Arizona Cardinals. 
South Dade HS feeder pattern
- Avocado Elementary School
- Neva King Cooper Educational Center
- Redland Elementary School
- Redondo Elementary School
- West Homestead Elementary School
- William A. Chapman Elementary School
- Homestead Middle School
- Redland Middle School
- South Dade Middle School
- South Dade Senior High School
- South Dade Adult Center
- South Dade Skill Center
- "Administrative Team - South Dade Senior High". South Dade Senior High – Home of the Buccaneers. Retrieved October 5, 2020.
- "SOUTH DADE SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved May 12, 2020.
- "Redland Middle School – About Us". redlandmiddle.org. Retrieved March 4, 2020.
- Campbell, Janie (April 13, 2009). "Recruiting "Breach" Much Ado About Nothing". NBC Miami. Retrieved September 26, 2014.
- "UT Vols: Greater Knoxville Sports Hall of Fame a 'victory lap' for Tony Parrilla". Knox News.
- "Celebrities who went to school in South Florida". Sun-Sentinel. p. 30. Retrieved September 26, 2014 – via sun-sentinel.com.
- Guistina, Joe (September 9, 2006). "Kerry Reed: No Problem Adjusting in Order to Win". CSTV. Archived from the original on October 11, 2018. Retrieved September 26, 2014.
- Vacchiano, Ralph (September 21, 2013). "Antrel Rolle brings a brash attitude as an influential leader for the NY Giants". Daily News. Retrieved September 26, 2014.
- "Arizona Cardinals". espn.com. Retrieved May 11, 2022.
- Official website
- South Dade Senior High School (sdhs.dadeschools.net) at the Wayback Machine (archive index)