South Delta School District
- South Delta High School
- South Delta Middle School
- South Delta Elementary School
- South Delta Vocational Complex ("VoTech")
The High School Principal is Mr Adrian Dorsey. The Middle School Principal is Mr Mark Beechem. The Elementary School Principal is Ms Tonya Brown.
There were 1,178 students enrolled in the district in the 2007-2008 school year. The racial makeup of the district was 96.01% African American, 3.31% White, and 0.68% Hispanic. 91.97% of the district's students were eligible to receive free lunch.
The district, which is in one of the poorest regions in the United States, received $1.3 million in federal money in 2008 for programs to improve student achievement.
At the High School, girls play softball, basketball and track, while boys play football, basketball, baseball and track.
Corporal punishment is administered unless parents request, by filling out a form, that it not be used on their student. In such a case, the student is suspended instead. An oak or ash wood paddle is used. There is a maximum of five licks per paddling and it must be applied to "the fleshy part of the buttocks". At the elementary school the paddle is 14 inches long, two inches wide and one-quarter inch thick. The secondary school uses a paddle 15 inches long, two inches wide and 3/8 inch thick.
- "Children First annual report" (PDF). CFA.
- Byrd, Shelia (July 5, 2010). "Concern Over Mississippi Census Undercount". My Fox Memphis. Associated Press.
- "Sports Schedules". South Delta School District.
- "Parent/guardian consent for corporal discipline" (PDF). South Delta School District. p. 21.
- "Student Handbook" (PDF). South Delta School District. pp. 19, 20.