South Fork State Recreation Area
|South Fork State Recreation Area|
|Nevada State Park|
South Fork Dam and Reservoir, looking southeast
|Elevation||5,226 ft (1,593 m) |
|Area||3,903.04 acres (1,580 ha) |
|- Water||1,650 acres (668 ha) |
|Management||Nevada Division of State Parks|
|Website: South Fork State Recreation Area|
South Fork State Recreation Area is a state park unit of Nevada, USA, surrounding the 1,650-acre (670 ha) South Fork Reservoir, located 15 miles (24 km) south of the town of Elko. The park comprises the reservoir, impounded on the South Fork of the Humboldt River in 1988, surrounded by 2,200 acres (890 ha) of marsh, meadowland, and hills. Facilities include a 25-site campground, a boat ramp, and a parking area near the South Fork Dam. The reservoir is known for its trophy-class trout and bass fishing. South Fork Canyon, managed by the Bureau of Land Management below the dam, is available for hiking, floating, and fishing.
- "South Fork Recreation Area". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Inventory of State Lands" (PDF). Nevada Division of State Lands. May 2016. Retrieved January 25, 2017.
- R. Moore; J. Scanland; S. Weaver; J. Wilkenson (2007). "South Fork State Recreation Area 2007 Development Plan" (PDF). Nevada Division of State Parks. Archived from the original (PDF) on August 13, 2012. Retrieved April 1, 2011.
- "South Fork State Recreation Area". Nevada State Parks. Department of Conservation and Natural Resources. Retrieved January 25, 2017.
- "History of South Fork State Recreation Area". Nevada State Parks. Department of Conservation and Natural Resources. Retrieved January 25, 2017.
- "South Fork Canyon Recreation Area". Bureau of Land Management. Retrieved January 25, 2017.
- South Fork State Recreation Area Nevada State Parks
- South Fork State Recreation Area Trail Map Nevada State Parks
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to South Fork State Recreation Area.|