South Greenford railway station
|Local authority||London Borough of Ealing|
|Managed by||Great Western Railway|
|Number of platforms||2|
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|20 September 1926||Station opened as South Greenford Halt|
|5 May 1969||Renamed South Greenford|
|Lists of stations|
London transport portal|
UK Railways portal
South Greenford railway station is in the London Borough of Ealing in west London, and is on the Greenford branch in Travelcard Zone 4. It is 1 mile 58 chains (2.8 km) down the line from West Ealing and 8 miles 24 chains (13.4 km) measured from London Paddington.
It and the trains serving it are operated by Great Western Railway.
The Greenford branch of the Great Western Railway (GWR) had been used for regular passenger services since 1904, but the halt at South Greenford did not open until 20 September 1926. Originally named South Greenford Halt, the suffix was dropped on 5 May 1969.
At present, signage on the station carries, in smaller font, an alternative name for the station. The alternative name is "West Perivale".
Service and Patronage
The normal service from the station runs every day except Sunday until about 2100 with two trains per hour towards Greenford and two trains per hour to West Ealing, where there are connections to Paddington station via Ealing Broadway and to Heathrow Airport. The station is unmanned. Oyster "pay as you go" can be used for journeys to and from South Greenford.
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
|Greenford||Great Western Railway
Greenford Branch Line
|Castle Bar Park|
As well as the passenger trains serving South Greenford, the Greenford branch also carries freight traffic, mainly waste and aggregates as well as some empty passenger stock movements.
In 2015/2016 It was ranked as the third least used station in Greater London with 62,184 entries and exits.
London Buses route 95 serves the station.
- "Station usage estimates". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
- Peacock, Thomas B. (1970) . Great Western London Suburban Services (2nd ed.). Lingfield: Oakwood Press. p. 60. Locomotion Papers LP48.
- Peacock 1970, p. 104
- Nock, O.S. (1967). History of the Great Western Railway, vol. 3: 1923-1947. Shepperton: Ian Allan. p. 248. ISBN 0-7110-0304-1.
- Butt, R.V.J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations. Yeovil: Patrick Stephens Ltd. p. 215. ISBN 1-85260-508-1. R508.
- "Oyster PAYG on National Rail" (PDF). National Rail Enquiries. 20 October 2008. Archived from the original (PDF) on 19 April 2009.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to South Greenford railway station.|