South Grove Township, DeKalb County, Illinois
|South Grove Township|
Location in DeKalb County
DeKalb County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 20, 1850|
|• Total||34.48 sq mi (89.3 km2)|
|• Land||34.41 sq mi (89.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.07 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.20%|
|Elevation||912 ft (278 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||513|
|• Density||14.9/sq mi (5.8/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||60111, 60129, 60146, 60150|
South Grove Township is one of nineteen townships in DeKalb County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 512 and it contained 209 housing units. South Grove Township was renamed from Vernon Township on November 20, 1850.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 34.48 square miles (89.3 km2), of which 34.41 square miles (89.1 km2) (or 99.80%) is land and 0.07 square miles (0.18 km2) (or 0.20%) is water.
- Esmond at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Greenview and South Grove.
Airports and landing strips
- Vodden Airport
- Dekalb Community Unit School District 428
- Hiawatha Community Unit School District 426
- Sycamore Community Unit School District 427
- Illinois's 16th congressional district
- State House District 70
- State Senate District 35
- "South Grove Township, DeKalb County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-07-04.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.