South Hiendley Almshouses
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||Yorkshire and the Humber|
South Hiendley is a village and civil parish in the City of Wakefield in West Yorkshire, England. It has a population of 1,667, increasing to 1,817 at the 2011 Census. Until 1974 it was part of Hemsworth Rural District.
The village is on the edge of the county of West Yorkshire in the Wakefield area 8 miles (14 km) from the city centre. However it is marginally closer to the town of Barnsley 7 miles (12 km) just across the border in South Yorkshire. It has a Barnsley postcode (S72) and telephone code (01226).
- Office for National Statistics : Census 2001 : Parish Headcounts : Wakefield Archived 2011-06-13 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved 12 September 2009
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 2 March 2016.
- Pubs in South Hiendley - Pubsgalore.com
- South Hiendley Junior Infant and Early Years School website
- South Hiendley Surgery - NHS Choices
Media related to South Hiendley at Wikimedia Commons
|This West Yorkshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|