South Hills High School (Texas)
|South Hills High School|
|School type||Public secondary|
|School district||Fort Worth Independent School District|
|Teaching staff||108.29 (FTE)|
|Student to teacher ratio||17.05|
|Color(s)||Black & White|
South Hills opened in August 1998 with only a freshman class. The first graduating class, and the first year of 9-12 was 2002. The original school consisted of buildings and property purchased from a private school, Trinity Valley School. Roughly 50 portable classrooms and the original Trinity Valley structures were used until a bond issue in 2000 allowed the school as it is now to be constructed.
The demographic breakdown of the 1,537 students enrolled for the 2012-2013 school year was:
- Male - 51.0%
- Female - 49.0%
- Native American/Alaskan - 0.7%
- Asian/Pacific islanders - 3.8%
- Black - 9.2%
- Hispanic - 80.5%
- White - 5.5%
- Multiracial - 0.3%
Additionally, 75.5% of the students were eligible for free or reduced price lunch.
The South Hills Scorpions offer the following sports:
- Baseball (boys)
- Basketball (boys & girls)
- Cross country (boys & girls)
- Football (boys)
- Soccer (boys & girls)
- Softball (girls)
- Track (boys & girls)
- Volleyball (girls)
- Tennis (boys & girls)
- Brandon Williams, former NFL player
- "SOUTH HILLS H S". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved December 1, 2018.
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for South Hills H S". ed.gov. Retrieved 27 August 2015.
- "Home". This is the home of goscorpionsports.com. Retrieved 27 August 2015.