South Hokkaido Railway Company
|Founded||24 December 2014|
|Owner||Governments of Hokkaido Prefecture, Hokuto, Hakodate and Kikonai cities|
Ownership of the stock is shared in the following proportions:
Dōnan Isaribi Tetsudō Line
|Dōnan Isaribi Tetsudō Line|
|Line length||37.8 km (23.5 mi)|
|Track gauge||1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in)|
The company took control of passenger operations on the Hokkaido Railway Company (JR Hokkaido) Esashi Line between Kikonai Station and Goryōkaku Station following the commencement of operations of the Hokkaido Shinkansen on 26 March 2016. The line was then renamed the Dōnan Isaribi Tetsudō Line (道南いさりび鉄道線).
All stations are in Hokkaido.
Track: ∥: Double track, ∨: Double track ends, ◇: Passing loop |: No passing loop
|No.||Station||Japanese||Between (km)||Distance (km)||Transfers||Track||Location|
|Goryōkaku||五稜郭||3.4||0.0||■ Hakodate Main Line||∨||Hakodate|
The company was established on July 21, 2005 as the Hokkaidō Dōnan Chiiki Heikō Zairaisen Junbi Kabushikigaisha (北海道道南地域並行在来線準備株式会社). On December 24, 2014, the current name was announced. On March 22, 2015, the logo was unveiled. Revenue service commenced in March 2016, in conjunction with the opening of the Hokkaido Shinkansen.
This article incorporates material from the corresponding Japanese article.
- Dōnan Isaribi Tetsudō (2015). "事業報告書 (Annual Report)" (PDF) (in Japanese). p. 2. Retrieved 2016-07-01.
- South Hokkaido Railway Company (27 March 2015). "鉄道事業許可申請について" [Application for Railway Business Permission] (PDF) (in Japanese). Retrieved 28 March 2016.
- South Hokkaido Railway Company. "路線図・駅情報" (in Japanese). Retrieved 3 April 2016.
- 私鉄車両編成表 2016 私鉄車両編成表 2016 [Private Railway Rolling Stock Formations - 2016] (in Japanese). Japan: Kotsu Shimbunsha. 25 July 2016. p. 7. ISBN 978-4-330-70116-5.
- 道南いさりび鉄道、ロゴマークを発表…津軽海峡をモチーフ [South Hokkaido Railway Company unveils logo - Tsugaru Straits motif]. Response (in Japanese). Japan: IID Inc. 23 March 2015. Retrieved 24 March 2015.