South Horizons Station
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|MTR rapid transit station|
South Horizons Station Exit A
|Cantonese Yale||Hóiyì Bundóu|
|Location||Ap Lei Chau
Southern District, Hong Kong
|Owned by||MTR Corporation|
|Operated by||MTR Corporation|
|Platforms||2 (1 island platform)|
|Opened||28 December 2016|
South Horizons (Chinese: 海怡半島; Cantonese Yale: Hóiyì Bundóu) is an underground MTR rapid transit station in Hong Kong, located on Ap Lei Chau in Southern District. It is the southern terminus of the South Island Line. The station is located under the junction of Yi Nam Road and South Horizon Drive, and primarily serves residents of the South Horizons private housing estate (its namesake), in addition to Ap Lei Chau Estate and Ap Lei Chau West Industrial Area. The station has a unique shape in the form of a letter Y, and has no overrun track. It opened on 28 December 2016 with the rest of the South Island Line.
The station was built by the Leighton–John Holland Joint Venture under a contract numbered 904, awarded May 2011, which also included Lei Tung Station and sections of running tunnel. It was constructed using the cut-and-cover method.
|Concourse||Customer service, MTRShops, vending machines, ATMs|
|Octopus Add Value Machine|
|Platform 2||South Island Line towards Admiralty (Lei Tung) →|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left/right|
|Platform 1||South Island Line towards Admiralty (Lei Tung) →|
This underground station has two tracks and an island platform. The station's single concourse is located at the west of the station (near the bumper blocks), with all three exits extending from this concourse.
There are two artworks in the station. Along the glass walls of exits A and B, the work Tree Shadow in the Gridline, by Cheung Wai-lok, features shadows of trees in order to transition the exit passageways between indoors and outdoors. Meanwhile, on platform level, the mosaic Soaring Horizon, created by children overseen by Karen Pow Cheuk-mei, features the surrounding landscape on the horizon, including the sea.
South Horizons Station has three exits serving the residential buildings of South Horizons. There are two lifts for exit C.
- A: Ap Lei Chau Estate (using an 80-metre-long (260 ft) footbridge) / South Horizons Phase 1 & 4, Marina Square East Centre
- B: South Horizons Phase 2 & 3, South Horizon Drive, Marina Square West Wing
- C: South Horizons Phase 3 & 4, Yi Nam Road, public transport interchange 
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to South Horizons Station.|
- "MTR's South Island Line to open on December 28". RTHK. 5 December 2016.
- "Progress Update". South Island Line. MTR Corporation. Retrieved 14 January 2017.
- "South Island Line (East) Rail Project Contract 904". Leighton Asia. Retrieved 14 January 2017.
- "MTR - South Island Line > Station Information > South Horizons Station". www.mtr-southislandline.hk. Retrieved 2016-11-01.
- "港鐵車站藝術計劃及進展 / Approach and Updates of MTR Art Programme" (PDF). legco.gov.hk. MTR Corporation. January 2013. pp. 47–48. Retrieved 1 November 2016.