Downtown Irving/Heritage Crossing station
DART Buses and TRE Train awaiting departures from South Irving station (2007).
|Location||201 Rock Island Road
Irving, Texas 75060
|Owned by||Dallas Area Rapid Transit|
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Connections||DART Routes 63 (M-F), 401 (M-F), 408, 501, 504 (M-Sat), 507 (M-Sat), 508 (M-Sat), 514 (M-F), and 549
DART Flex - South Irving (840) (M-Sat)
|Parking||free, no overnight|
|Bicycle facilities||bike racks available|
|Fare zone||Eastern TRE Fare Zone (TRE)|
|Opened||December 30, 1996|
Downtown Irving/Heritage Crossing station (Formerly South Irving Transit Center and later South Irving station) is a Trinity Railway Express commuter rail and bus station in Irving, Texas. It is located on Rock Island Road, east of O'Connor Road. It opened on December 30, 1996, and serves serving downtown Irving, including the Irving Heritage District and the Irving Civic Center (city offices) which is two blocks west of the station. This station is also served by Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART).
On July 30, 2012; South Irving Station was renamed as Downtown Irving/Heritage Crossing Station as part of the service changes effective for that date to better reflect new identities created by their evolving neighborhoods or surrounding developments.
- Howell, Curtis (December 31, 1996). "Trinity Express departs on time: Almost 4,000 climb aboard DART's first Irving rail line". The Dallas Morning News. p. 1.
- DART Major Service Change - Three Rail Stations Receiving New Names as Part of July Service Changes - Dallas Area Rapid Transit (accessed July 9, 2012)
- Media related to Downtown Irving/Heritage Crossing (TRE station) at Wikimedia Commons
- TRE - Downtown Irving/Heritage Crossing Station
- Dallas Area Rapid Transit
|This Texas train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|