|Administrative city of South Jakarta|
Kota Administrasi Jakarta Selatan
Sudirman Central Business District skyline at night
|• Mayor||Tri Kurniadi|
|• Total||141.27 km2 (54.54 sq mi)|
|• Density||15,000/km2 (38,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+7 (WIB)|
South Jakarta (Indonesian: Jakarta Selatan) is one of the five administrative cities (kota administrasi) which form Special Capital Region of Jakarta, Indonesia. South Jakarta is not self-governed and does not have a city council, hence it is not classified as a proper municipality. It had a population of 2,057,080 at the 2010 Census, and is the third most populous among the five administrative cities of Jakarta, after East Jakarta and West Jakarta. The administrative centre is at Kebayoran Baru.
In the days following World War II, South Jakarta was planned to be a satellite city (especially the Kebayoran Baru area) and by using the oriental concept. This area also contains some industrial centers for different types of commodities. South Jakarta is a prosperous administrative city compared to the others, with much middle-to-upper class housing and major business centres. South Jakarta has the highest Human Development Index of all Jakarta's administrative cities, with an HDI index of 0.833.
Much of the central business district is concentrated in Setiabudi, South Jakarta, such as Sudirman Central Business District (SCBD). Initially, SCBD was a service provider and real estate investment, but nowadays, it is becoming the most integrated mixed-use area in Indonesia.
South Jakarta is divided into 10 subdistricts:
- Kebayoran Baru
- Kebayoran Lama
- Pasar Minggu
- Mampang Prapatan
- Jakarta, Jakarta Selatan, DKI. "Jakarta Selatan". selatan.jakarta.go.id. Retrieved 2019-03-24.
- "BPS Provinsi DKI Jakarta". web.archive.org. 2016-10-03. Retrieved 2019-03-24.
- "Tonggak Sejarah | SCBD - Kawasan Bisnis | CBD Indonesia | Office Building Jakarta | Pusat Bisnis Jakarta". SCBD. Retrieved 2019-03-23.
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for South Jakarta.|
- (in Indonesian) South Jakarta Community Site www.satujakarta.com
- (in Indonesian) List of Jakarta subdistricts including South Jakarta.
|This Jakarta location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|