South Jersey Radio Association
South Jersey Radio Association (SJRA) is an amateur radio organization. First organized June 12, 1916  and affiliated with the American Radio Relay League since 1920, SJRA lays claim to be the oldest "continuously" operating amateur radio club in the United States. SJRA operates the K2AA 2 Meter communications Repeater on 145.290 MHz, which is located in Medford, NJ and covers the metro Philadelphia, PA area. SJRA also operates the K2UK Repeater in Pine Hill, NJ on 146.865 mHz 2 meters and 442.350 mHz 70 cm Band. The SJRA publishes a monthly newsletter called Harmonics and has been doing so for over 50 years. The SJRA has been affiliated with the American Radio Relay League since 1920.
The SJRA offers 2 awards to the general amateur radio community.
VHF Colonial Award
The VHF Colonial award is to operators who provide proof of a two way direct contact with each of the original Thirteen Colonies over amateur radio on frequencies of 50 MHz or above.
South Jersey Radio Association Achievement Certificate
the South Jersey Radio Association Achievement Certificate is given to amateur radio operators who provide proof of a two way contact with at least 50 of the SJRA's members.
- "Camden Daily Courier". Camden Daily Courier. 1916-06-13.
eighteen amateurs met at the home of W. G. Phillips located at 140 Washington Avenue, Collingswood, New Jersey on 12 June 1916.
- "The ARRL Letter March 8, 1996 (Volume 15, Number 3)". American Radio Relay League. Retrieved 2007-01-18.
- "The History Of The Milwaukee Radio Amateurs' Club Inc, 2006 Edition" (PDF). Milwaukee Radio Amateurs’ Club. Retrieved 2007-01-18.[dead link]
- Radio Communication: Hearings before the Committee on the Merchant Marine and Fisheries - House of Representatives - Sixty-Fourth Congress - Second Session on H.R. 19350 - A Bill to Regulate Radio Communication - Part 1 - January 11, 12, And 13, 1917 Page=221. Washington Government Printing Office. 1917.
- "Club Detail Record: South Jersey Radio Assn". American Radio Relay League.
- South Jersey Radio Association Website
- FCC License information for K2AA
- Ham radio operators, come in: Field Day is for you
|This article related to amateur radio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This organization-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|