South Jersey Regional Airport
|South Jersey Regional Airport|
|Owner||N.J. Dept. of Transportation|
|Serves||Mount Holly, New Jersey|
|Elevation AMSL||53 ft / 16 m|
South Jersey Regional Airport (IATA: LLY, ICAO: KVAY, FAA LID: VAY, formerly 7MY) is a public use airport in Burlington County, New Jersey, United States. Owned by the New Jersey Department of Transportation, the airport is located four nautical miles (7 km) southwest of the central business district of Mount Holly, New Jersey. This facility is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation reliever airport.
Although many U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this airport is assigned VAY by the FAA and LLY by the IATA. The airport's ICAO identifier is KVAY.
Facilities and aircraft
South Jersey Regional Airport covers an area of 642 acres (260 ha) at an elevation of 53 feet (16 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 8/26 with an asphalt surface measuring 3,881 by 50 feet (1,183 x 15 m).
For the 12-month period ending August 26, 2008, the airport had 31,234 aircraft operations, an average of 85 per day: 97% general aviation and 3% air taxi. At that time there were 92 aircraft based at this airport: 92% single-engine and 8% multi-engine.
Airlines and Charters
South Jersey Regional has one charter services,
T&A Airlines with service to Boston, Nantucket, Block Island
Tailspinners General Aviation Flight Facility: The South Jersey Regional Airport is home to the Tailspinners General Aviation Flight Facility, which hosts a Flying Club for Aircraft Rental & Flight Instruction and is also the home of The Aviators Choice Coffee Company & Bistro. Tailspinners officially opened its doors in 2015 and within if first year of operations established over 371 supporters from the local community who frequent the establishment.
- FAA Airport Master Record for VAY ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. External link in
- "IATA Airport Code Search (LLY: Mount Holly / Burlington County)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved October 25, 2013.
- "VAY (KVAY) – SOUTH JERSEY RGNL". Federal Aviation Administration. Retrieved October 25, 2013.
- South Jersey Regional Airport (VAY) from New Jersey DOT Airport Directory
- Aerial image as of March 1995 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for VAY, effective May 25, 2017
- Resources for this airport:
|This article about an airport in New Jersey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|