South Lafourche High School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|South Lafourche High School|
|16911 East Main Street
Cut Off, Louisiana 70345
|Motto||Tout Ce Que Je Peux ("All That I Can")|
|School district||Lafourche Parish Public Schools|
|Student to teacher ratio||18.31|
|Color(s)||Blue and Silver|
|Rival||Central Lafourche High School, Thibodaux High School|
|Newspaper||Silver King Times|
A part of Lafourche Parish Public Schools, South Lafourche High currently serves the coastal towns and communities of Larose, Cut Off, Galliano, and Golden Meadow. It is the result of the 1966 consolidation of the former Golden Meadow and Larose-Cut Off High Schools. As a result both former high schools were designated junior high schools and, in 2002, middle schools. South Lafourche High School was founded in 1966.
Originally South Lafourche only provided 10th to 12th grade, but during the 2002-2003 school year the 9th grade was added and removed from the middle schools.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (December 2016)|
According to the team's website, the South Lafourche football team was state champion in 1971 and 1977. The South Lafourche boys' basketball team won the 1998 Class 5A state championship and was the 1999 Class 5A runner-up. Other sports at South Lafourche High School include baseball, softball, soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field, cross country, golf, and volleyball.
- Bobby Hebert, New Orleans Saints and Atlanta Falcons quarterback.
- Ed Orgeron, Head coach for the Louisiana State University football team.
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for South Lafourche High School". ed.gov. Retrieved 15 December 2015.
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Galliano CDP, LA Page 1" (See Index). U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on November 29, 2016.
- Home. South Lafourche High School. Retrieved on November 29, 2016. "16911 E Main Street Cut Off, LA 70345 "
- "The Origin of South Lafourche." South Lafourche High School. Retrieved on November 29, 2016.
- Gommel, Karl (2016-12-20). "Movin' on up! Area schools raise scores". Houma Times. Retrieved 2016-12-24.
- http://www.leaguelineup.com/miscinfo.asp?menuid=35&cmenuid=35&url=sltarpons&sid=681924759 South Lafourche Tarpons Football, SLHS football history, accessed April 22, 2011