South Mall, view from south.
|Location||Salisbury Township, Lehigh County, Pennsylvania, USA|
|Address||3300 Lehigh St., Allentown, Pennsylvania|
|Owner||Nicholas Park Mall LLC|
|No. of stores and services||55|
|No. of anchor tenants||3|
|Total retail floor area||405,199 sq ft (37,600 m2)|
|No. of floors||1|
|Public transit access||LANTA bus: 104, 210, 323|
Originally the location of Hess's South, a satellite location of the Hess's downtown Allentown store, the center was expanded in 1975 into an enclosed shopping center although the anchor stores opened a year earlier. The mall underwent renovation in 1992.
After the move of Gold's Gym up Lehigh Street from the mall, in August 2011 Ross Dress for Less signed a lease for 27,000 square feet of vacant space at that end. The store opened on October 6, 2012. In June 2014, PREIT sold the mall to Nicholas Park Mall LLC for $23.6 million. They plan to renovate the mall.
- Stein Mart (1996-)
- Limerick Furniture & Mattress (2017-)
- Bath & Body Works
- Dick Blick Art Materials
- Dino's Pizza
- Mattress Firm (2016-)
- Petco (1996-)
- Ross Dress for Less (2012-)
- Staples (1993-)
- Yocco's Hot Dogs (2016-)
- Bon-Ton (1994-2018)
- Hess's South (1974-1994, replaced by The Bon-Ton)
- Jamesway (1986-1995, replaced by Stein Mart)
- Steve & Barry's (2003-2009, replaced by Black Rose Antiques & Collectibles)
- Phar-Mor (1991-2002, replaced by Steve & Barry's, replaced by Black Rose Antiques & Collectibles)
- Rea & Derick (1974-1991, unused from 1991-1996 and then became part of Petco)
- Sleepy's - The Mattress Professionals (?-2016, named changed to Mattress Firm after buyout)
- Weis Markets (1974-1999, split and replaced by multiple stores)
- Black Rose Antiques & Collectibles (2009-2016, moved to Phillipsburg Mall)
- "South Mall Fact Sheet" (PDF). PREIT. Retrieved 2010-10-17.
- Blumenau, Kurt (April 8, 2007). "Valley of the malls ** The region is in the midst of biggest burst of building since 1970s". The Morning Call. pp. A.1
- "Ross Coming to South Mall". Salisbury Patch. Retrieved 2012-03-22.
- Kennedy, Sam (June 29, 2014). "South Mall's new owner revealed". The Morning Call. Allentown, PA. Retrieved July 28, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to South Mall.|